Calls outage

Seems to be a calls outage affecting all networks, only mobile to mobile, calls to landlines seem to work.

A single point of failure?

Thank you for pointing this out — will look into your SIM and send you a message; I can’t reproduce it with any of ours I’m afraid.

Mine is back now too, but lots of people complaining on twitter.

1 Like

I can only see tweets to Vodafone; will keep my eye on it! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could be people trying to call Vodafone numbers and assuming it’s their provider

Status.o2.co.uk

We are aware of voice issues affecting UK network operators right now, we are working together to resolve the issues.

2 Likes

This is likely to be the case.

Seen it a lot in banking where it turns out to be an issue with one particular side of a transaction (or in this case, call) but users of both sides complain either to their own provider or to the other side’s provider. :grimacing:

4 Likes

That none of the networks have decent status pages is a shame; lots could be done here showing stats on dropped calls, average time to connect, network latency, any other errors… even locating faults with other networks (as in the case here — if everything works but calls to one provider… :man_shrugging:)

2 Likes

I’m surprised there aren’t behind closed doors email lists or other data feeds for outage alerts (I guess those are still quite delayed), but you can get a lot of the way there if you’re big enough to have 24/7 coverage of user data for a diverse range of other providers, and have good metrics on your own systems that are tagged by other party. :eyes:

2 Likes

Maybe Nick hasn’t completed the induction rituals yet.

2 Likes

I’ve just been live on BBC Radio Suffolk about 15 minutes ago with no issues on my line via the Zevvle SIM.

2 Likes

I am suddenly interested. :crystal_ball:

2 Likes

We’re on the list for our provider; nothing yet directly from EE (will chase that one!). They’re not exactly realtime though, and in a lot of cases the issue is fixed before we hear about it.

2 Likes

The company said the problem had been caused by a change it had made to block a range of telephone numbers used to make spam calls.

“Somehow that had a knock-on effect to the voice platform,” it explained.

3 Likes

High level discussions about Number Ranges and Porting occur in a Yahoo Group…!

No, that, unfortunately, isn’t a joke!

4 Likes

Speak of the devil

2 Likes

Looks like Vodafone had another major outage today taking out 101, 111 & 119 all of which Vodafone provides.

1 Like