Femtocells / Signal Boosters and Zevvle

Thanks so much for testing this and following up with your results - looks like it could be worth a shot. :+1:

If youā€™d still be willing to part with it, Iā€™d happily pay the postage and a little extra for your trouble? Assuming you donā€™t have a use for it now itā€™s working on Zevvle :smiley:

3 Likes

Interesting to see that itā€™s working for you! Prior to this I wasnā€™t aware that EE even had these services available.

How do you get a hold of one of these boxes nowadays? I did a bit of googling but only found help tooling and the store pages were 404ā€™s. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

There looks to be a few available on eBay, 2 different models though, Cisco version and a Nokia one.

1 Like

It is pretty nice having full signal all the time! But realistically I donā€™t need it. So happy to send it to someone who could make use of it. Iā€™ll work out the postage costs and DM you!

7 Likes

What a lovely community

6 Likes

I was thinking this last night, felt super grateful the above exchange happened. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Which version do you have out if interest, the Cisco or Nokia?

Itā€™s the Nokia Siemens FAPr-hsp 5000.

3 Likes

Thanks,

I bought a Cisco one off eBay earlier, will see if that works too when it arrives.

3 Likes

@sam Just posted this off. Should be with you start of next week. Do let us know how it goes!

When you connect it up, it should start flashing green fast, goes solid green once active. If itā€™s still flashing after a few mins, try pressing and holding the reset button until you get a red light then see if that allows it to connect eventually.

4 Likes

@Kolok @sam were either of you able to get your signal boosters working? Thinking of getting one myself, but read there were activation issues if youā€™re not an EE customer

Iā€™ve just plugged mine in and itā€™s flashing a light that EEs site says leave for a few hours and if itā€™s not sorted to contact support, so Iā€™ll check later.

2 Likes

@Kolok Did it work okay for you? Was it new or used that you purchased? Looking to get one if it worked.

@sam how did you get on with the booster?

Having now moved (temporarily) somewhere with zero EE signal, Iā€™m interested to find out about this too!

2 Likes

Itā€™s still not registered itself with EE , Iā€™ll message them on Twitter to see if they can activate it, but I donā€™t have the energy to have an argument on the phone with them, I donā€™t have a contract with them, so Iā€™m not sure if they will even activate it for me.

It was a second hand Cisco one from eBay

2 Likes

Iā€™m in the same boat, and greatly enjoying how hard it is for people to get in touch with me. :grin:

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait for the VoLTE / WiFi Calling that I hear is coming this year for Transatelā€¦ would be great at home where the walls are thick :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How did you get on? @Kolok

They replied saying the can only activate against the original account, Iā€™m guessing if you speak to the right person they can register it for you, so itā€™s luck of the draw.

But with talk of VoWiFI coming Iā€™m not going to put any effort into it.

3 Likes

ISPreview have done a review of the current status of the signal booster availability and support.

Basic summary, not available to consumers any more, with only O2 still supplying to business accounts. Support is also being phased out with a preference to WiFi calling instead. Though the availability of WiFi calling across the board leaves something to desired across the operatorā€™s plans.

4 Likes