Happy anniversary! 🎂

4 Likes

3 Likes

It’s a year and nearly a day since I sent @nick my PAC from my previous provider. The 10th June will be when my transfer completed.

Would be interesting to know how many zevvle users there are now

Assuming Zevvle user numbers are sequential, we can figure this out if we open a thread of join dates and user numbers. :wink:

I’d estimate around the 150 users mark as of right now, but I don’t know exactly when user numbers get assigned during signup (is that at first app login or first SIM activation for example?).

4 Likes

From a previous thread after the use number was accidentally dropped recently:

1 Like

Ok, I’ll start you off with a year + 1 day

Or we could just ask @nick ?

Rika’s close with 150! With multi-SIM accounts and some businesses onboard, active SIMs are higher. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

An interesting statistic for a slide deck at some point in the future would be active devices/SIMs per user, because I think Zevvle’s current and proposed feature set would encourage people like me to perhaps pay more overall (but less per device) to connect up my laptop, tablet, phone, and watch.

60GB of data for £35 on just my phone is a lot more than I pay now, but say, £35 (or even more If I’m honest) for 60GB across all my devices with painless management is a tasty proposition. :eyes:

3 Likes

*Opens spreadsheet*

When we do it, the price will have to scale with the number of devices, e.g. 2 lots of 30 GB costs us more than 1 × 60 GB (understandable given how bundles are priced on average usage; more SIMs increases the average). That and the including cost of keeping a SIM active.

I think we can work it and and decrease the cost with more devices, i.e. 6 SIMs sharing 60 GB should cost less than 6 SIMs with 10 GB each.

6 Likes

Oh for sure, I’m not for one moment going to imply that the cost shouldn’t scale with number of devices, but that as long as it scales better than buying separately then you have something good going. :slightly_smiling_face:

As an example, servicing just my iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and ThinkPad with decent 4G last I looked was going to cost me upwards of £75/month with three separate contracts to manage! :scream:

2 Likes

Probably not the best example, given the differences in both the US and UK markets and in your financials vs Google’s; but it would be really awesome to see something like Google Fi here in the UK where you’re only charged for actual usage on additional data SIMs… No usage, no cost. Use 5 MB? Charge for 5 MB. 5 GB? Charge for 5 GB…

1 Like

The problem with conventional contracts is that even with accepting the price of 75£ you will still end up having situations where one particular device runs out of data while the others have plenty remaining. Yes you can “hack” around it by swapping SIMs around or using the other device as an access point but you shouldn’t have to do it.

3 Likes