Monzo, Starling, etc

My point still stands that Monzo aren’t as cheap as they let on :wink:

They have never premised to be the cheapest. What they have promised is to be transparent with what they charge and love it or hate it, they have at least done that.

4 Likes

Promise to spit in my face and you’ve still done me wrong - even if you tell me you’ve done me wrong :thinking:

I don’t get what transparency bull you guys bite st anyways.

Monzo delete forum posts and hide topics that make them look bad on a regular basis and if I remember right had a review on TripAdvisor or similar removed as the customer had closed their account and as such “were no longer a customer”

You have successfully gone off topic and not for the first time.

I suggest in that case you buy a thesaurus and look for the above word.

Yay another piece of off topic nonsense.

This entire post is pretty depressing to read

Oh no arrest me sir

I suggest you go back to secondary school if you can’t see when I’m implying a lack of transparency rather than not understanding what transparency is

In this newly created thread about… Monzo? It’s true - I had my post removed the other day from the Monzo Forums for critiquing someone who assumed someone was money laundering because they had Russian roubles.

It’s big meme hours up where we can defend a company actively promoting discrimination to people based on the currency they work in :slight_smile:

I don’t know how many times I tell people before it reaches the innermost brain cells - a bank isn’t your friend. They’re not as transparent as you believe they are either!

Now now.

Let’s keep this place civil – that means no personal attacks (especially insults to people’s intelligence, level of education or vocabulary). Criticising ideas is fine, criticising people is not. We will ban people for ignoring that – we don’t want to be Starling’s forum 2.0.

Not only is it unpleasant to read, it shuts people out. Why post anything if you’re afraid someone will tear you apart? “Toughen up,” you might say. That isn’t inclusive, ironically. Not everyone is up for a debate on the internet…

There’s probably a law surrounding this, “Any sufficiently active tech forum (probably using Discourse) will eventually spawn a ‘Monzo vs Starling’ thread.”

:v:

7 Likes

Goodall’s law (or Goodall’s rule of Monzo vs Starling analogies ) is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will mention Monzo vs Starling, the point at which effectively the discussion or thread often ends.

5 Likes