What was your *best* experience with a mobile network?

Will make sure this is in place at launch, thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t honestly say I’ve had a “best” experience.
Some have been shocking, others just normal.
It’s almost like a normal standard response is actually “best” as I have never had a mobile provider go the extra mile.

2 Likes

I forgot to claim £20 worth of referral points with giffgaff, missing both the original claim period and the roll-over period (you have to select how to be paid every 6 months). I messaged them asking if the points could be reinstated, and they got back to me within an hour saying that they weren’t able to reinstate the points, but didn’t want me to lose out on a technicality, so added a £20 credit to my balance (which appeared immediately). I thought that was generous given the mistake was entirely mine. Great customer service! :+1:

5 Likes

It’s far too easy to hide behind company policies with “computer says no”… credit where it’s due, that’s really good of them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was pleasantly surprised! Exactly as you say, was expecting a computer says no.

1 Like

Smarty just refunded my credit balance after I switched away from them with no questions asked and within a day

Now, I think that this should be standard practice but it’s nice to see it happening in an industry where it is certainly not.

3 Likes

And in 6 days, Ofcom is enforcing new regulation to make switching even easier, particularly:

• Mobile users will be able to leave without speaking to their current provider
  • Providers banned from making notice-period charges after switch date

:tada:

4 Likes

That’s brilliant. :slight_smile: That feels closer to the procedure when switching energy companies, which seems to work well.

1 Like

But will they now be forced to refund a credit balance?

For PAYG (that includes us), as far as I’m aware there’s no requirement to refund a balance, but they have to let you know about any remaining balance when requesting a PAC/STAC or info on switching.

Either way, we will refund any outstanding credit if you decide to leave (feel free to quote me on that – we haven’t added it to our Ts&Cs yet).

However, it doesn’t stop anyone from including early termination charges, etc.

4 Likes

I know it sounds cheesy but the handwritten note included with the Zevvle SIM brought a smile to my face., with so many companies putting profits first, the little things can make all the difference…

11 Likes

Back in the 1980s, the boss of Saab GB would phone each buyer of a Saab to thank them. I think his name was Wynne-Jones but my memory is hazy on that.

2 Likes

One of the major Lorry companies used to do this (IVECO??), they used to hand out the CEO’s phone number in the welcome pack, should you not get an answer you really needed you could phone her.

4 Likes