Direct debit

Is zevvle going to have direct debit top-ups or is it only going to be recurring payments only? :blush:

2 Likes

I’m afraid not, as they don’t happen immediately unlike a card payment. We’ll enable them in the New Year for recurring payments; we’re already set-up but haven’t connected the app to it yet. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What are you using for direct debits? GoCardless? How are you liking their new pricing :pensive:

That’s the one. Isn’t the only change their per-transaction limit going from £2 to £4? Seems reasonable; still 0.4% better than Stripe! :slight_smile:

1 Like

They’re putting the % up from 0.1% to 0.2% on transactions > 2k as well if I remember right

Still, stripe is p pricy :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Do you have a link?

No link - iirc @thefifthrace had an email about it

I may have got the numbers wrong so maybe he can add to this conversation

1 Like

I got this email recently

Dear James,

We’re on a mission to take the pain out of getting paid so that you can focus on what you do best.

We recently announced the next step in our mission by introducing the first global network for recurring payments. This enables you to collect payments in a truly borderless way through GoCardless. You will soon be able to collect payments from your customers abroad into your local bank account without worrying about the complexities of international settlement or foreign currency exchange. Borderless payments will be made available in a phased roll-out from mid-November. You can find out more here.

As our service transforms into a global network, we have reviewed our pricing structure so that we can continue to offer simple, predictable and transparent pricing for the services we offer.

Alongside this structural change, we have also reviewed our domestic pricing in order to reflect the continued investment we have made in improving the product. Over the last few years we have shipped dozens of product updates every year, including:

Expanding our partner ecosystem to over 200 integrations with new partners such as Salesforce and Recurly, as well as working closely with many of our biggest partners to improve your GoCardless experience.

Helping you to create fantastic experiences for your customers by providing greater customisation of the checkout and notification features.

Making it easier to build and maintain integrations with our API by upgrading our client libraries and expanding the number of languages we support.

We also have many exciting new developments that we will be announcing over the next year that will ensure that we continue to make GoCardless the best value way to get paid on time, every time.

Our new pricing will be as follows:

Domestic pricing (UK)

1% plus 20p per transaction (£4 max)

For transactions of £2,000 or more, we charge an additional 0.1% fee on the portion of the transaction above the £2,000 threshold International pricing

2% plus 20p per transaction

Currency conversion included

Real exchange rate provided by TransferWise

Our new pricing will be applied from 1 February 2020. You can find more details about our new pricing here.

We’re delighted that you have chosen GoCardless as your partner for collecting recurring payments and would like to thank you for your on-going support.

Kind regards,

Hiroki Takeuchi
CEO, GoCardless

Basically as a long standing customer I am going to be paying for their expansion even though it’ll have no effect on my business :smiley: :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Eurgh. :grimacing:

Thank you for posting; maybe we joined after it was sent.

3 Likes