How easy was it to set up zevvle?

Hiya, I was just wondering how easy or hard it was to set up zevvle? Ive always wondered how people set up MVNO’s :thinking:

3 Likes

I’ll try to be impartial, but take anything I say with a pinch of salt… from my experience (sample size 1), it’s easier than anyone will tell you and harder than you think.

Being naive, the hardest part has been navigating the “This is how it’s always been done” mindset. Even slight deviations from the norm make people tilt their heads, meaning anything we do looks grander than it probably is. Under the hood it might be impressive, but we’re literally standing on the shoulders of giants – operating systems and programming languages we haven’t written, servers we haven’t commissioned, software libraries we didn’t create, radio masts we haven’t built, etc.

For example, 1 person managing 2 mobile app ecosystems might have been unthinkable 5 years ago, but technology moves ridiculously quickly giving people ever-more leverage to be creative. Reminds me of Clarke’s Third Law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Most of what we do is ‘generic’ tech-/company-type things like managing servers, customer service, product development, etc. The MVNO-specific things we’ve done are 1) billing, and 2) connect to our supplier’s API for SIM management. Ordering & shipping SIMs is no different to an online shop, although we built the order process ourselves.

There’s a lot of money in convincing people they can’t do what you can do, but if you want to start a mobile network, have at it. :blush:

8 Likes

If you have a real big pool of cash it might be, but a company has already done that in Zevvle’s case

It’s like EE is a museum and the network enabler is the tour guide - letting all the MVNO’s run around EE’s infrastructure through them

2 Likes

I imagine Nick is pretty restricted in what he can say about the cost thanks to any nondisclosure agreements he’ll have signed.

4 Likes