How much data do you actually use?

I went through £2 in a single day :sweat_smile:

I’ve done over £7 in a day. Yeah really trying to be a bit more restrictive on my data usage for now.

1 Like

I just don’t think I could do it - it’s vastly cheaper for me to use a big provider and get what someone else is paying for !

This is my usage for now. I think June was more but not sure how to get the breakdown for the previous month.

Bloody Nora. It’s striking how wide the gap is between the bigger and smaller data users.

4 Likes

It would be even bigger if the data costs were less :wink:

Joys of tethering while commuting.

1 Like

Sounds like a painful commute if it’s long enough to be worth tethering! :hushed:

2 Likes

Outbound 15 mins cycle to station, 1 hour 20 min train, another train for up to 5 mins then 2 min cycle, or skip the last train and cycle 20 mins the whole way.
Return similar in reverse, or alternative route which is about 15 mins shorter train journey time including interchange time.

Joys of the company moving the office to another city. I work from home about half the week.

2 Likes

@Rjevski wouldn’t it be cheaper for you to actually just get an unlimited plan on something like GiffGaff?

1 Like

Sure, it would be in terms of money. In terms of my time I’m not so sure. In the end it’ll be cheaper while it works, and then once it fails I’d spend more time (and thus money, indirectly) trying to sort it out.

The advantage with Zevvle is that there’s no bullshit and I can directly complain to Nick if things go wrong. He’s not gonna lie to me about there being an outage “in my area” based on the address of the account which I moved away from 6 months prior (a monkey from Three’s support pulled that one on me to try and get me off the phone, as a result they no longer get my business). I have also yet to receive any spam text, or survey, or “offer” from Zevvle which is a nice plus and I hope it stays that way.

~40£/month is a small price to pay for proper service so I really don’t mind. Plus that supports a legitimate business instead of being pissed away into cancers like advertising or marketing.

Also as far as I know no other carrier does auto top up on their Pay&Go plans when you run out, which is a bit of a problem as I need uninterrupted data service without having to think about it. I just need it to work in the background and take my money when it needs to - seems simple enough but apparently still too difficult for the major carriers to understand. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t call that painful as he’s presumably using the commute time to get work done and thus spend less time in the office. Seems like a good situation to me.

1p mobile had the auto top-up when I was with them a year or two back, and still have that option when the credit goes below £2. Their data is more expensive so the bundle pain comes into play.

Yeah I get a bit of work done, or other personal stuff. Sometimes ends up being a longer day in the office, though helps to add to the ability to have more flexible working times, which works out better for the days I’m working from home.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, how much is their data on a pure pay & go without bundles? Just to see how Zevvle competes.

1p per MB so just over twice the cost of Zevvle. Calls and texts are 1p per minute/text so a third of the price of Zevvle.

1 Like

Now that we can see previous months’ usage here’s June. That’s around what I would normally use.

1 Like

That’s absolutely crazy wew

1 Like

I was on Tesco Mobile - £12.50 and got 7gb of data. I used to get through it pretty easily and regularly needed a bolt on (or two). Since getting 400mb fibre at home/work and a work phone my usage is dramatically down.

I reckon I’ll be building credit up on £5 month…

4 Likes

My current usage for this month (on EE; not Zevvle):

1 Like

Thank you for joining the forum, Steve! :blush:

Which app is that? :thinking:

1 Like