Indoor Coverage

Hi :blush: I’m struggling with indoor coverage on zevvle. As I Iive in suburban area there isn’t a mast close enough to us to provide better signal. The one thing I’ve noticed is that EE mainly use L18 LTE for 4G where as o2/vodafone use L08 and they seem to have better signal than EE. the 800mhz seems to be better at getting through walls where as 1800MHZ dosent. I’m not really sure what to do and I don’t really want to go back to o2 as they are quite expensive. So I’m not sure what to do :sweat_smile::see_no_evil::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

IMHO the coverage where you live is paramount. I would test the coverage with a non contract (PAYG) Sim. The results of that test will determine the network to go with. The reason that I wanted 4g calling was the indoor case for calls whereas the O2 Vodafone 2g network is better for calls in rural areas. Or at least that is my experience. I don’t really care about data.

2 Likes

Yes the 4G and WiFi calling would both help with this sort of situation. It would have helped with the rural village in Germany that I’m in where I got a call a few days ago and could clearly hear the other person, but they couldn’t hear me as the signal was so weak indoors.

2 Likes