Network Name and Zevvle icon

Here’s a screenshot from Zevvle running on an iPhone 5c.

The network name is still showing as EE. I had expected to see Zevvle.

In the lower left on the lock screen is a little Z icon. What’s the significance of this, please?

The EE should eventual update to Zevvle, took a few weeks for me. Usually re inserting the SIM or restarting the phone can force it to update.

I wonder if the Zevvle icon on the bottom left is coming from the app some how. Looks like iOS can have badge icons on the lock screen as per https://dueapp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203299109-No-alerts-or-badges-notifications?mobile_site=true

2 Likes

Still showing as EE here? (Samsung A20e running One UI/it’s stock version of Android)

Usually if you make a change to the SIM in the Zevvle app, such as turning MMS off, and then rebooting the phone forces a SIM Update which then updates the Operator Name.

You can then toggle whatever you’ve changed back again if you want.

3 Likes

Ah yes I forgot about toggling the SIM seeing too.

1 Like

Thanks. Trying to turn off MMS in the app. I don’t use MMS. But it won’t turn off.

1 Like

Thanks Chalky… :grinning:

2 Likes

Sometimes the SIM change settings get stuck, so go into the in app chat and support can resolve.

1 Like

It’s an iOS feature they call ‘Suggested Apps,’ and we have no control over it. I think you can change this under Settings > Siri & Search.

2 Likes

Thanks Nick. It was curiosity. I don’t mind having it there.

1 Like

Never seen or heard of this feature before! You learn something new every day!

3 Likes

On Android I used to have zevvle but it’s gone back to EE again now.

I think my NETGEAR NightHawk has also done this, haven’t used it for a while and saw it over the weekend.