No discounts here

Hello!

We’re not fans of Black Friday and don’t want to be part of it. Here’s why:

We’ll always offer the best price we can year-round, and do our best to resist the Amazon Effect. :slight_smile:

Also, coming very soon:

10 Likes

My friendly local cafe (Mustard in Norwich) do a White Friday where customers are asked to put money in a pot which is then given to a local charity.

5 Likes

No offense to anyone at Zevvle but I’d have much preferred not being preached to about my consumer choices

It’s not a company’s job to tell me to feel guilty about plastic in the oceans, I’ve contributed to it in the past and I avoid it now without anyone guilt tripping me into doing so and I prefer when they don’t do so

I would have much preferred a simple “instead we operate on a sustainable business model that undercuts the competition through keeping prices as low as we can while still turning a profit so we’re unable to offer anything like Black Friday deals”

Without trying to speak for @tim, I’m sorry for the mis-understanding – this is about companies (e.g. Amazon) and their responsibility, not individuals – “encouraging us to buy more than we need when our oceans are filling with plastic is irresponsible [by the company].”

I’m skeptical that we as individuals can even make a difference; it’s a problem of mis-aligned corporate and political incentives. Yes, Zevvle is small at the moment, but we want to be clear about where we stand (this is 100% virtue-signalling).

9 Likes

When anyone starts their reply with no offence … well :roll_eyes:

Oh and over here it’s offence, not offense. Just like Black Friday the latter spelling is American.

And I don’t see anywhere in that post that’s preaching about consumer choices. :thinking:

What I see is a small business making a wise decision and I see no reason they shouldn’t be transparent about that.

Zevvle doesn’t do Black Friday and it doesn’t do Facebook. Now this is a company with which I want to do business. :+1:

Sorry Recchan, your post reads as though you’re just someone who gets professionally offended by things.

If you don’t agree with Zevvle, just don’t worry about it and move on.

5 Likes

sigh

American keyboard, that it’s started off with the criticism of spelling I’m presuming the rest is going to be equally as painful

I disagree - I don’t think either of us are going to change our mind on this one

I personally would prefer companies to just make themselves green if they want to and they can sell that for sure, but mentioning X or Y and then saying our oceans are full of plastic does seem like some lovely guilt inducing juice to get me to change - which is why I mentioned I prefer not to be preached to

I don’t get offended :thinking: being offended is for the Twitter community when anything slightly conservative is mentioned

If I recall correctly, you’re not even a customer of Zevvle and still you’re offended by their transparency? :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks @tim and @nick. :star_struck: It’s things like this that make me want to stick with Zevvle.

9 Likes

You’d be incorrect

Very selective editing, fella. Not cool.

Ah, it’s just that you took a retention deal with O2 that suggests you’re with them until September 2020 (presuming its a further 12-months?) :thinking: :thinking:

It’s the only bit I felt needed replying to though - I don’t feel offended at anything they’ve posted, I just let them know I would rather not be preached to

I have a Zevvle account and will be shifting to it completely once that contract runs out (provided Nick does grandfather me onto current pricing w/o mandatory top-up, otherwise I’ll be going to EE or Three)

For what it’s worth I’m only not on it now because they wouldn’t let me close my SIMO without me having to pay my entire Apple Watch off now and while I could do it I’d rather not as I like the current cash flow that I have without it taking a massive dent this month