PAC Codes?

Just curious - how do I know when my transfer has completed? Will the number in the accounts tab change (automatically)?

2 Likes

Just sent you a PM! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d be interested to know the answer too please.

1 Like

From Nick:
I’ll send you a message and your number will change in-app :slight_smile:

EDIT: for some context, we get notifications when it’s done, we just haven’t wired that up to push notifications (yet – it’ll happen).

2 Likes

The number associated to the SIM will indeed change (and you’ll get a notification in the form of a support message). Note that the initial name of a SIM is its phone number but that one won’t change so don’t get confused.

4 Likes

Well, I requested my PAC from EE. They asked me to call them back to let them know if I wasn’t going to use it working 30 days so they could reuse it.

What?

Never heard this before.

3 Likes

They may be running out – EE’s PAC’s start ‘ONE’ followed by 6 numbers, so they only have 1 million combinations. And with a lot of people possibly testing the new switching messages…

2 Likes

Ah, so it is a thing rather than sales nonsense.

2 Likes

Couldn’t they have an extra prefix since they are such a large operator to get around the problem?

2 Likes

I don’t see why not… Porting in the UK is handled by Syniverse, and I’m not sure what their relationship looks like. ‘ZEV’ or ‘ZVL…’ would look good some day. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Erm, you don’t want people leaving :thinking:

3 Likes

I agree, although we’ll do our best and it’ll still happen… :confused:

1 Like

I just used the in app facility. Initially it said it couldn’t switch the number and to send a message and very shortly after it said the switch should happen in 2 days.

1 Like