Post a photo of your first phone! 📱

Had the exact same one. Phillips fizz or frizz wasn’t it?
Also on bt cellnet. Before the days of free texts and unlimited calls :open_mouth:

1 Like

My first phone was a Bosch 509e (yes that’s right, Bosch) in this lovely translucent Orange colour:

I bought it from Tandy when that was still around!

1 Like

What a beauty! Please tell me the antenna was hiding a drill underneath… :sweat_smile:

Haha, sadly not! But you could twist it off and put one of those LED antenna that flashed on network activity which were all the rage back then (1999)!

1 Like

My first phone was, I think, the Nokia 2110. It was way back in 1994 so I’m a bit hazy on the exact model but this seems to be the one.

Ditched it when I went to work at Ericsson and was given an Ericsson GH388 followed by an Ericsson GH688.

Bought myself an Ericsson T28 outright (unheard of back then when very phone was bought on an expensive contract that subsidised the handset) in October 1999. CPW were so surprised they let me choose a “gold number” for free and I’ve had that number for 20 years this year.

2 Likes

Oh yes. My first company phone :+1:

2 Likes

Love it! :slight_smile:

Bit too far back for me to remember exactly but I had a Blackberry Curve 3100 as my first phone, I recall correctly.

My first 'phone was the Nokia 101. Lasted about half a day on standby. It was connected through Cellnet and I got 30 minutes included in the rental for around £27 a month I think. Texts, data - what’s that?

2 Likes

I did the power management chip in that!

4 Likes

It wasn’t my first phone but one of my favourites, so small. Think my mum still has it in a drawer somewhere.

1 Like

I’ve still got one but it went through the washing machine and doesn’t power up any more :frowning:

1 Like

A Nokia 6150, I don’t remember what happened to it!? I do however remember it having Snake and being very heavy indeed.

I’d imagine it was on Vodafone as my Dad was with them at the time?

NOKIA

1 Like

This one was mine as well :anguished:

1 Like