Pricing proposal [Tiered data with unlimited calls & texts]

Note that youā€™ll be grandfathered in so can keep the old pricing. Low usage is more expensive with the proposed pricing as you have seen.

1 Like

Yep, Iā€™m just working off of the assumption that grandfathered pricing doesnā€™t last forever so getting my numbers straight.

2 Likes

Given the frequency with which Zevvle are changing their pricing it seems fair to assume that any grandfathering will far outlive the lifetime of this pricing model :laughing:

4 Likes

Soā€¦ we will include the lower option after all, and youā€™ll have the choice of 2 SIMs: Ā£2/month with PAYG everything, or Ā£5/month with unlimited calls and texts. The line rental doesnā€™t feel great, but with both options itā€™s a good compromise.

Iā€™ll edit the original post as well.

That looks right, yes. Weā€™re going to keep the PAYG calls and texts after all, so itā€™ll be a Ā£5 difference instead of ~Ā£10.

They will be PAYG now, yes.

3 Likes

This is a good change, which helps to get me to move over to the new pricing model.

I think the pricing around the 2-8GB range is maybe a tad higher than if be keen to go for, however still itā€™s working out competitive compared to other PAYG bundles, 30 day contracts, even some longer contracts. That range of data use is a little less competitive. Itā€™s a small price to pay for never having to worry about which bundle Iā€™m on in advance, or having to predict my usage without spending loads by having a huge or unlimited tariff.

Iā€™m on the border of paying more on quiet months and less on busier months compared to the current Zevvle pricing. Looking at my longer term usage I reckon itā€™ll average out to be slightly more expensive, but with the peace of mind that if I do use a lot some months it wonā€™t cost significantly more.

Could the be another tier at around 15 or 20GB to go down to say 50p per GB?

Note that the data will still be charged per byte, so youā€™ll only be charged for what you use. Really have to compare the low usage to PAYG pricing of competitors.

Hopefully the first GB will get a bit cheaper, Iā€™ve wondered if more tiers with a shallower ramp would work better for the lower usage? Itā€™s a trade-off problem between complexity and costs.

2 Likes

Is there any chance you can make the tiered pricing apply per-account instead of per-SIM? As to not penalise the users who have multiple devices - I can see having a main phone and an emergency phone, or a personal and a work phone (the latter might have less data being used), or a phone and a tablet/laptop/4G dongle.

2 Likes

Yes. This.

2 Likes

What about different bundles? You could keep the pay as you go, but different tarrifs with a certain amount of voice&data? Eg: Ā£7.50= 500mb Internet+300mins+300texts.:blush:

1 Like

This was proposed very recently and to say it went down like a lead balloon is a bit of an understatement:

3 Likes

Weā€™ll look into this!

Weā€™re definitely playing it safe(r) to start with; if we can get away with doing this we will.

Iā€™m afraid not. :confused: We canā€™t make it work with our wholesale pricing, but theyā€™ll still be the best PAYG rates around. If and when we can lower them, we will.

5 Likes

Sounds good. :smile:

1 Like

This seems to be better, I assume I can switch the two ā€œactiveā€ sims to the Ā£5/month plan and put the ā€œinactiveā€ sim on the Ā£2/month plan?

This will keep us at Ā£5 extra per month but will make any extra use cheaper than the old plan and we wonā€™t have to worry about call/text costs adding up.

2 Likes

Will the new pricing be based on the billing month or the calendar month? Is it possible to change the billing date so that it aligns with the calendar month and the analytics?

When we move to the new pricing, I presume it wonā€™t take account of the usage so far that month?

Will the line rental be pro-rata for the rest of the billing month?

1 Like

Yes! If itā€™s completely inactive we can always disable it temporarily as well so you donā€™t have the Ā£2/month.

It wonā€™t be by default, but send us a message and we can change it for you!

To keep it simple, Iā€™m afraid not.

1 Like

Hello! Weā€™re postponing this until Saturday, December 14th. Product updates post-election on Friday 13th might not be a good thing, eitherā€¦

3 Likes