Replying to shortcodes

This is something Iā€™ve asked directly over in-app support, but I think itā€™s worth a public ideas post :smile_cat:

I sometimes get marketing SMS messages from companies that Iā€™ve signed up to (e.g. Next, or my opticians). Theyā€™re legit, but I donā€™t want the marketing, so Iā€™d like to be able to opt out.

Usually, thatā€™s done by messaging ā€œSTOPā€ to (e.g.) 81234. However, I canā€™t do that on Zevvle! I have to phone them up and ask them to remove my number :scream_cat: Or block them at the Messaging app level, but Iā€™d rather stop the problem at source than do that, by opting out entirely.

So, my feature request is - support sending SMS to shortcode numbers :smile_cat:

Can confirm this is in the worksā€¦ no timeline though Iā€™m afraid. Itā€™s not a setting we have available, so BT are working on it!

5 Likes

Any word on this? Not being able to reply to a fault SMS ticket from our ISP is quite a problemā€¦

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your message and welcome to the forums. Short code messages will be available to use in the first quarter of 2023. In the meantime there are some that have been made available (eg. British Transport Police, Barclays banking, Shout mental health), if you would like to message me in a bit more detail about your requirements we can look into any potential options for you in the meantime.