Shared data proposal (how it'll work, pricing, questions?)

True. Spending 19 hours on the phone either way seems a lot to me!

1 Like

I thought so, until I dated someone for a while many many moons ago when weā€™d be on the phone rather a lot. That was before the cheaper VoIP solutions were around, which Iā€™d probably use instead with how tech has moved on.
Now Iā€™m much more likely to use video based calling which is usually free.

Iā€™d be happy with a cheaper few hundred minutes or texts bundle, which would make the pricing more likely to allow me to switch over to the bundles, though I do like the not needing to worry about which bundle Iā€™m on at the moment and still get charged a reasonable about.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty happy with prices, something in between unlimited minutes+texts and 0 is needed in my opinion so people donā€™t look elsewhere.

2 Likes

Itā€™s funny how everyone is so different. I HATE video calls, but love a chat on the phone

2 Likes

For me at the moment itā€™s having young kids who donā€™t get audio only calls. Generally in fine with audio only, though still use VoIP based systems. I thought Iā€™d use the landline (VoIP based) or mobile more when I started part time working from home more, but hasnā€™t happened as weā€™ve got things like Slack, Whereby, and Microsoft teams.

2 Likes

Yep; when I was with Three, I rarely ever used more than 50 minutes or so a month and a handful of texts (probably around Ā£2 at Zevvle rates)

The vast majority of my usage is data but having at least the option to make calls (even if chargeable) is a must have.

Equally Iā€™d love to get my sister on a Zevvle plan for her first phone as itā€™s still a far better deal than extortionate big 4 bundles, but with the current all-or-nothing calls/SMS model it wouldnā€™t be cost effective at the moment unfortunately.

Please please please if you can @nick introduce an (official :smirk:) option for PAYG or a small capped bundle of non-data usage, that would make the plan pricing perfect and an effortless recommendation to anyone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This suggests that after 60GB of usage thereā€™s aways big jumps in price, so say you tyipically need 70GB, could you do 60+10GB thus Ā£27+Ā£7=Ā£34?

Iā€™m in the same boat, which is why Iā€™m still on the older PAYG pricing. Ā£2 per month for 200-300 minutes or texts would likely be enough to seriously consider the newer pricing bundles during this time of lower usage.

2 Likes

Okay weā€™ll do it. :sweat_smile:

(PAYG calls and texts for the data bundles, that is.)

10 Likes

thatā€™s awesome :o

Is there any chance I can ask for an eta on that, as just switched to the calls inclusive plan this month and it is kind of a bit too much to be spending atm? (havenā€™t made any calls or SMS yet so donā€™t know if thereā€™s anything youā€™re able to do here?)

1 Like

Sent you a message :blush:

1 Like

Also might be interested in this as data only doesnā€™t appeal with no calls/texts and my call and text usage is too small for unlimited.

Iā€™ve got a free 1 GB through the referral process (so Ā£5 for 2 GB a month?) does data rollover at all?

Paul

2 Likes

For the main bundle it doesnā€™t. But if you buy extra data that will last indefinitely.

1 Like

Ah, thank you :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Iā€™m really curious what this will look like! Iā€™m someone who uses very little calls and texts, perhaps 5-10 mins per month and a few dozen texts, but I can easily blast through data at a rate of ~10 GB per day from working-at-home and travelling usage.

I really would love it if Zevvle could eventually do an unlimited data plan. :frowning:

1 Like

Iā€™m with Zevvle because they donā€™t have an unlimited data plan. Had one with 3 and was always convinced I was paying over the odds for data I wasnā€™t using.

1 Like

Similarly, I had moved from the unlimited plan with Three as well, but Iā€™m in the opposite scenario! :sweat_smile:

Ouch, thatā€™s a lot of data for mobile, though I suppose Iā€™m mostly on a cable or wifi at home.

Mobile wise Iā€™m around the 3GB per month, pre pandemic I was around 5-15GB depending on how much travelling I was doing.

I though there was a limit of 60GB per sim with Zevvle, so how have you managed 72 GB?

@nick Itā€™d be nice if there was a way in the app to get a CSV export of a summary of your usage per month broken down by type. It would make it easier to scan and see which bundle would be best to be on based on historical data.

1 Like

Retired, and at one point didnā€™t leave the apartment for over 130 days!

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve been waiting 13 weeks for home internet to be installed. Itā€™s pretty difficult to work from home without home internetā€¦

This is in an urban area too.

1 Like

Eek, yes very problematic. If I didnā€™t have unlimited, is probably ban the kids from watching videos and ensure as much of the data processing that I do was done remotely without downloading the data locally first.

3 Likes