SIM lock option

My Wife has left her phone in the hotel room. I don’t expect any issues but would it be possible to have an option to lock the SIM temporarily with a single toggle as for some bank cards? As we are in Belgium I have toggled roaming off.

Great idea.

The downside is that it wouldn’t be immediate, unlike what the banks offer. Changes normally take effect within a minute or so, but depending on EE’s traffic can take a lot longer.

Knowing there’s a chance it could take 30 minutes to (un)lock the SIM, would you want to use it?

2 Likes

It would depend on the situation. If it isn’t much hassle to write into the app (with the 30 minute caveat) I can only see it as a benefit with the choice given to the consumer.

2 Likes

Roaming in the EU is still the same cost as at home thus probably don’t need to turn the roaming off. I’m curious for the rationale for turning off the roaming?

1 Like

Just in case the phone is used/stolen when out of my Wife’s possession. It makes it effectively worthless. All the data is on other servers somewhere and the phone is a Samsung A3

1 Like

Just to update this. The app indicated it needed refreshing for about 5 hrs. It now indicates that roaming is off.

2 Likes

:grimacing: sorry it took so long; we’ll add an option to get notified if it’s delayed.

4 Likes