STIR/SHAKEN call authentication

Looks like there’s a new call authentication system coming in the US to show calls are genuine and help prevent spam calls. Does anyone know more about this such as if it’s likely to be launched in other territories like the UK?

2 Likes

Hopefully it’ll be coming here. If I get another bloody call for Patrick McSomething from India trying to help me with PPI claims I’m going to throttle someone.

Literally I’ve never asked for them to do this… one even tried selling me PPI stuff and I mentioned I wasn’t even 18 then

Then they started trying anyways, I was being so polite too, guy was too pushy

Sounds promising, if it can get steam… can’t say I’m hopeful though. Haven’t heard anything about the UK or Europe.

This has come up so much I’m starting to think we should do this sooner, basically bringing something similar to Should I Answer? in-app… catch is we’d do iOS first. :confused:

2 Likes

Luckily I haven’t come across the spam calls. I’ve ported my number in which may explain why. I’ve also registered my mobile number with the TPS some time ago.

1 Like

Same here also with TPS but my faith in Apple is slipping. I Sold an 8 Plus a month ago and pre ordered the 11 Pro. O2 kept me waiting 3 weeks for the 256 model it came on a Friday morning. I restored an iTunes backup from Mac OS and it worked … for all of 5 minutes before going into a boot-loop and would not shut down. I sold it back to O2 who ordered another saying there were only 2 such one in Oxford, 1 London mine would be 3 weeks plus. Given I am selling up and moving house/county it has been miserable: no iPhone, no internet/broadband. Only Starling Bank has continued to work. I bought a Huawei Mobile hotspot in the end - works everywhere far better solution than Virgin Media etc business SIM with 75GB data/month + messages. Did I think of going to Apple no only store is Birmingham I’ve been commuting between Rugby and Southsea.
Nice to see Zevvle progressing. I can no longer login to the app. Is there a help FAQ anywhere please?

1 Like

Just sent you a message :slight_smile: