Telenor Maritime roaming

I’ll soon be going on the Stena Line ferry, which has wifi on board, plus the Telenor Maritime network, with the rates changed at “World Rate 6”.

Will my Zevvle sim connect to that network, and what will the costs be? I couldn’t find it whilst searching in the roaming price list.

1 Like

Hi Shaun,

I’ve asked about this and will let you know when I hear back. Im hesitant to say, but it could be our Roaming Zone 7, which is the same as Tanzania for example.

Nick

2 Likes

Hello,

Maritime calls are usually blocked so the service shouldn’t be available; if that’s not the case do let us know.

Nick

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll let you know how it goes.

1 Like

I got a text saying I was connected to the ship mobile network. I haven’t tried any calls or texts as most of the time onboard was trying to get 2 young children off to sleep and sleeping myself. I had mobile data roaming turned off so hasn’t checked to see what would happen. I haven’t seen any charges when I checked in the Zevvle app since arriving in The Netherlands, though may have been delayed.

1 Like

Do not use this. These “private” roaming networks are absolute scams given their pricing (it isn’t a Zevvle thing - you’d go bankrupt using them even on a mainstream carrier). In fact, I’m assuming the only reason they exist is to rip people off by catching them off-guard when they accidentally use data or send/receive a call, as I can’t imagine anyone using them on purpose.