The dark theme on the forum is less red. :(

I switched the forum to the dark theme, and discovered that all the red tints are suddenly blue. I’m experiencing inner turmoil of a Shakespearean scale, as I’m forced to choose between my two favourite colours: red and darkness.

Please advise.

5 Likes

STAND BY, incoming red darkness.

4 Likes

Yes hello, I have been summoned. :eyes:

3 Likes

So… they’re now the same, but I’m not convinced. The accessibility contrast ratio fails for one; let me tweak it a bit :grimacing:

2 Likes

I will say that accessibility is a cause worth sacrificing some aesthetic sensibility for

4 Likes

Will leave it as is with the brand red for now — too light and the notification/profile menu starts to go haywire.

Where are you seeing a failure against WACG standards? I just switched to dark theme and at a glance my main concerns for this would be:

• Username of the person you are replying to in the editor
  • The Reply button itself
  • The thread reading progress bar in the bottom right.

Given that a dark theme is, itself, a massive accessibility benefit, it’d be great to figure out a good way to address these areas of poor contrast :smiley:

2 Likes

Those were the ones! :slight_smile:

All fixed now, the dark theme meets the standards with a lighter red, and introducing…

The Ultra Dark Theme, for serious witchcraft & wizardry.

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 13.59.46

5 Likes

hastily enables said theme

3 Likes

Ooh, I guessed well! (I had to focus on accessibility a lot in a past job… plus I super care about it :heart: )

Edit - both now look really readable, the Ultra Dark is especially nice!

3 Likes

Now that is more like it! :black_heart::heart:

6 Likes

One day, this will be known as The One True Theme

4 Likes

UDT :+1:t2::heart::wave:t2: - nothing more to say (except I had to because of the character limit)

2 Likes