Thursday, August 22nd

App

You can now switch phone numbers in-app! This has been on our mind for a while, as doing it manually was asking for trouble. Previously I’d log onto our server, copy-paste the PAC, phone number, etc., request the switch, wait for a notification that it changed and then send you a message… :grimacing:

But now it’s automated, with notifications and all. To request a switch, tap on a SIM card in the account tab and then ‘Switch Number.’ And if you’ve switched previously, you can see the history there as well. It’ll look something like this:

The ‘Validated’ status is when Syniverse (the company responsible for porting numbers in the UK) has confirmed it, and then obviously ‘Completed’ when it’s switched.

We’ll send a push notification when it validates, but it normally happens within ~10-15 seconds so you won’t see that if you’re in the app. And when it completes we’ll send you another notification with an email fallback.

IMG_6964

:tada:

13 Likes

Very cool!!

Previous switchers may see this though :joy:

1 Like

Looking into that now!

You should see all the info now; let me know if you don’t! Thought I got all of them… :weary:

2 Likes

Wow, that was quick. Showing correctly now.

Probably more of a “worry” if you’d only just switched!

1 Like

Good work Nick :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

It’s showing correctly here too, if it helps. :grin:

2 Likes

Very pretty, love it!

1 Like