Transparent pricing for us all

Sim ordered !! :grin:

Now, just so’s I’ve got it, the pricing…
£5 month (ignoring the data for a moment…)

Is there any point when I’m not charged that fee? For instance, if I use £4 in calls/texts in one month, do I continue to pay the £5 each month thereafter even if I don’t use it?

Or is it:
£5 per month anyway, with calls, texts and data extra?

2 Likes

Sim ordered !! :grin:

Thank you, Graham!

So the £5/month subscription is there to cover our cost of keeping SIMs active, and it will exist as long as you have an account. I’d like to add a “pause your account” option for when you don’t need to use the network; it’s on our (internal) roadmap :slight_smile:

Data, calls, etc. are pay-as-you-go – they’ll decrease your account balance as you use the network.

Does that clear things up? If not I’ll try again!

3 Likes

… which rules me out. I don’t pay £5 a month right now on Giffgaff PAYG.

Fixed £5 charge is pretty painful!

1 Like

I got it, thanks Nick.

1 Like

Have to say I agree with you – we want to remove it someday, but without a parent company like giffgaff’s (Telefonica) behind us to underwrite losses in the early years we can’t afford to (yet)!

2 Likes

I agree it’s not ideal but if depending on how much data you use over a year and/or make any international calls (which are charged at robbery-like prices on the main carriers) you could actually still end up saving money compared to a conventional plan which charges you for an amount of data whether you use it or not.

If you’re currently on a monthly plan I’d suggest counting your total spend & actual data usage over your contract period (or something like a year if you are lucky/smart enough to not sign up into a long-term contract) and then seeing how much the same would cost with Zevvle.

2 Likes

Keeping a SIM active is free, there’s nothing to underwrite, it’s just that your enabler wants to fill their pockets. At scale you should be able to negotiate it down.

2 Likes

I’m astounded to have you confirm this, it completely contradicts what O2 helpdesk told me. My daughter will be pleased. It will mean I can only pay for her handset to contract end/ or pay it in full, but she can choose her own network provider and go for a cheap data Pay-as-you -go SIM, the sort of this a student can afford. The Zevvle monthly charge looks like ruling ‘it’ out for now.
Thanks Rjevski !

Have seen negative posts about Zevvle’s priceing posted on a forum and this proveder cited as one alternative https://www.1pmobile.com/index.taf?gclid=Cj0KCQjwxMjnBRCtARIsAGwWnBMpkGxcXAyFXxv490eeBLEEQGFcGlIcdRME6B4_TQzyj5wa3dfB61EaArPREALw_wcB

Have you got the source? I haven’t seen anything?

off topic Mobile Phone Provider Recommendations:

https://community.fintechtalk.co.uk/t/mobile-phone-provider-recommendations/969/119 (for interest)

I appreciate the freedoms of an open forum and the platform given here is certainly one of those, but posting links to alternatives and those promoting alternatives on the forum of a newly launched provider seems a little bit “not cricket” to me.

3 Likes

I don’t know who you are and frankly don’t care but 1 don’t email me from a source which does not accept replys. 2 My view is (as someone who supports Zevvle and is probably your sernior by decades) that you miss the bigger picture. I was not supporting the position that Z is “bloody expensive” rather demonstrating how those who are supposedly whishing Zevvle well and are friends with the founder are never the less being negative. Yes this is individuals commenting their personal opinions, but it is in the nature of these so-called forums, usually styled in woke speak communities, that they only permit an edited view ( in my outspoken personal view this is akin to the Marxist authoritarianisum of the Chinese Comunist party - apropriate perhaps for China but not elsewhere) I posted two quotes, because I know how lazy many are in not even empoying the awsome power of a search-engine, in the hope of putting the matter in context for a generation which has a short attention span and tends to a polarized and simplistic perspective. I have two grown up children, one expensively public school educated and one grammar school. The former is apt to lecture me as you have done. Don’t and don’t malign my good intentions.

What just happened?

3 Likes

No harm done, I’m sure all the intentions here were good. Nobody is promoting authoritarianism or being too woke (yes, I probably need to tone-down the emoji usage).

To be clear, we’ll always try to include everyone and foster good discussion – and that includes disagreeing with others or what we’re doing at Zevvle. What we’ll never tolerate are personal attacks or negative trolling. Critical is fine, but not rude. Keep it cool. :ice_cube:

5 Likes

Hi. there’s something I don’t get…
Since the pricing model is PAYG and since the credit never expires, why do I have to decide how much I have to pay MONTHLY (rather than a one-off payment) when I try to register through the Android app?

Doesn’t PAYG mean that I should not have to have to pay each month and pay only when my credit has completely depleted?

Hello,

Part of our pricing model is a £5/month subscription. I agree it seems absurd, but we’ve had to do it to keep the data cost lower as we’re a new network with higher wholesale rates…

I’m sorry if this doesn’t work for you; let me know if I can help with anything else.

Nick

1 Like

I didn’t say it was absurd :slight_smile:
I understand the reasoning behind it.

thank you.

You’re right – I’m sorry, that’s me saying that! We hope to remove it some day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I should have caveated my comment with the fact that I did this in January 2018, so it may well be they’ve changed their policy. Definitely worth confirming first.

2 Likes