Update on our timeline

Hello all,

After talking with our supplier earlier… I’ll be damned. There’ve been some delays with their suppliers, so launching this month can’t happen. The latest on the timeline is mid-April, but I don’t want to commit to that for obvious reasons. :disappointed:

I’m sorry this is taking so long; it’s shitty of me to say Q1 last year, then March, and now this. I hope you’ll find it worth the wait, and on the plus side it means we can get a few more things ready before going live. I’ll keep you posted.

Also, I can’t wait to share our referral program with you next month – we’re cooking up something special that hasn’t been done before (as far as I know…). Aaannd finally, I’d planned the Team Zevvle blog for today, but we missed the light to get a photo of the 2 of us. Tomorrow!

Nick :slight_smile:

9 Likes

That’s unfortunate but, as always, it’s better to hear these things then be left hanging so thanks for the transparency.

3 Likes

Nick, that’s a shame. Clearly beyond your control. Kudos for your openness. Still looking forward to exploring Zevvle when the SIM does become available. :+1:

1 Like

We’ll be here when you’re ready :+1:

1 Like

:pray:

Never mind it’s not the end of the world, well at least I hope not! :stuck_out_tongue: It just gives you more time to make a fantastic product even better.

1 Like

Thanks for the updates. I’ve been noticing my data usage drop due to fewer trips to the office, and too much chatting to fellow commuters, so ready for a better deal.

1 Like

Good to read an honest post.
I’ll be out of contract April time anyway. :grinning:

1 Like

Sorry you’re having a bit of a hard time of it.

I’m still getting ready for whenever you launch, cancelled a couple of Data Only SIMs with EE and my main contract with EE is coming up for renewal but potentially got me and several family members (I was going to write them all out but my fingers got tired) who are all on PAYG or Rolling Contracts who could all potentially switch!

1 Like

Hi Nick!

Have their been any updates on the timeline?

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to an update too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey! Sorry for the delay, spent all of yesterday coding and couldn’t string a coherent English sentence together by the end of it…

A lot has happened in the last few days, but a few teething issues with the network mean we can’t place a SIM order this week. :disappointed:

As soon as that happens, I will let you know. And as for the last few days…

Our SPN (the network name in the status bar) went live on Monday, and yesterday I ported my number and left the old provider for good. I called them to get my PAC and the cheeky buggers tried to upsell me. :angry:

Here’s what that looks like (the numbers are real this time…):

(Ignore the 3/4 service bars; I’m in a closed building :wink:)

Although we’re getting there, it feels frustratingly slow. Thank you for sticking around, it means the world after all this time. We’re doing our best to make it worth the wait. :zevvle:

8 Likes

Looking forward to this, Nick.
Just got another couple of company phones this week and they are hungry for sim cards so holding on for what I know is going to be a good thing.
Alex

1 Like

Thanks for the update Nick.

This just makes me more excited to get started with Zevvle. :+1:

2 Likes

Any news from the past couple of weeks?

1 Like

Hi Shaun! Had a few spanners thrown our way recently (couldn’t have predicted them I’m afraid, this is the first time we’ve set up a mobile network…), but we’re getting there – our SIM order is going in today, and we’re ordering 1,000. I’ll post a full update tomorrow :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wonderful news. Looking forward to the update tomorrow.

1 Like