Use multiple networks?

Hahaā€¦ pedantic comes to mind :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Iā€™d be lying if I said that that accusation hasnā€™t been made before. :yum:

2 Likes

Just realised that Iā€™ve never had a notification from Zevvle. No Google Play Services means no Firebase Cloud Messaging, which I assume is being used for notifications. Donā€™t worry about it though, apparently avoiding FCM is a right pain.

1 Like

Yesā€¦ :weary:

Thatā€™s something weā€™ll take care of in the future!

Donā€™t worry too much, itā€™s a cost to deal with and probably only affects 1-3 of us. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Back to the original topic, Iā€™ve noticed another new starter mobile network (who seem to be advertising on Facebook) who are charging Ā£10 per month if you want to be able to roam to other networks in the UK. I suspect itā€™ll be a somewhat similar cost from Zevvle when the pricing is sorted and thereā€™s some more progress on other projects.

2 Likes

Do you have a link or name?

1 Like

Honest Mobile -> Smart Signal

1 Like

Interesting. I like how you can just turn it on for a month. Can see that being handy if you go on holiday somewhere that the main network doesnā€™t have good coverage in. I wonder if itā€™s technically possible to view the signal strength of other available networks before buying the add on though? :thinking:

Thereā€™s also https://anywheresim.com/

Calls are 10p per minute, SMS are 5p per message and Data is 10p per MB.

Ooft.

The Pure+ bundle seems to be Ā£30 a month for unlimited calls+texts and 4GB of data.

2 Likes

not to take away from Zevvle or take this off track but I really like to look of Honest mobile. I may well get a sim from them whilst their founders deal is available

1 Like

It is looking quite snazzy. I will bet Ā£5 that it gets bought by one of the big players within 12 months and ruined. :sweat_smile:

Is it Honest Burgersā€™ attempt at a mobile network? :joy:

Laughs aside, 100/GB on any network for 27Ā£/month is very good. Iā€™d be impressed if theyā€™re actually making any money out of this deal.

1 Like

Iā€™m a little curious - wonā€™t you just get the loyalty discount as it goes along anyways?

I might swap to 10GB a month on there as it seems my town has a real O2 or EE hard on- some small need for mast access for both (congestion can be high for O2 at college)