What phones are people currently using? šŸ“±

Be it iPhone or Android, Samsung or Xiaomi. What do you use today!!

I currently use the OnePlus 5, Midnight Black, with 128GB of storage and 8GB of ram. :phone:

What about you @nick? :thinking:

1 Like

A horribly abused (by me) iPhone SE thatā€™s about to give up on life.

The front glass is starting to peel away from a casing that is more dent and scuff than metal, but at least it still fits in my pocket. :iphone:

2 Likes

Heard good things about OnePlus. :slight_smile:

Rockinā€™ an iPhone SE I got a few years ago, and unlike @anon57251825 (:wink:) itā€™s as good as new! Iā€™m an Apple guy, but not convinced with the current lineupā€¦ Maybe a bezel-less SE 2 is on the cardsā€¦

4 Likes

Galaxy Note 8. Waiting for the S10+ to be out, donā€™t think Iā€™ll be patient enough to wait until the Note 10 is out.
Absolutely not interested in the coming samsung foldable phone though.

1 Like

ā€œYour scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didnā€™t stop to think if they should.ā€

3 Likes

Iā€™m using a Xiaomi Mi A1 64GB / 4GB ram in pretty rose gold :slight_smile: .

Iā€™ve had it since april and itā€™s been amazing.
Got it for Ā£140 as a Indian? import.

Itā€™s a shame Xiaomi UK prices are more ā€œstandardā€ and not a bargain like the imports are (Ā£200+ for a A2 lite Vs Ā£140 for a 64gb max model A2 lite import)

2 Likes

Hopefully not. The SE is the perfect form factor, doesnā€™t need to change. Not only does it look nice but itā€™s also easy to hold without dropping unlike the newer models. Fingerprint sensor is also much better than Face ID.

1 Like

iPhone SE here. I donā€™t think I could get used to these new huge phones. Waiting for someone to released one similar size.
Touch wood itā€™s in good nick and does what it needs to. Only had to replace the battery.

4 Likes

Iā€™m also on an iPhone SE. Would love an updated phone of this size. Being able to fit it in my pocket and operate one-handed is more important to me than having a big screen.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got an iPhone X as my own daily driver and then an iPhone SE for work.

I previously had a Wileyfox Swift 2 for work which is a really nice Android phone for the money but I managed to drop it and smash it on a concrete floor :cry:

I do like having the two iOS devices though because itā€™s handy having both phones ringing when I get a call, so I can leave one at my desk when Iā€™m at home.

1 Like

Pixel2 for me, itā€™s the best phone Iā€™ve owned and the performance over itā€™s lifespan so far has exceeded everything Iā€™ve wanted from it. Really canā€™t fault it in any way at all.

2 Likes

I switched to a Fairphone 2 at Christmas. This is my first time running Android (LineageOS in this case) and Iā€™m really enjoying it compared to iOS. Free software feels good. :relieved:

3 Likes

Iā€™m using an iPhone XR although I was torn between it and the XS Max.

Iā€™m one of the weird ones though, I dislike OLED displays. The black screen bleeding with other colors really puts me off them and itā€™s the one pet peeve I had with my old phone (OnePlus 5T)

On top of that the Max looked giant, so I ended up going with the XR, which fits my hands perfectly.

The quality of Apple stuff is really nice as well, from iOS 12 my previous phone before the OnePlus sped up a lot (which convinced me to come back to iOS along with wanting a simpler experience) whereas on my OnePlus it updated to Android 9 and suddenly started lagging all over the shop. Final straw was OnePlus broke my mobile data in an update and that issue didnā€™t fix itself until I factory reset.

Still with Nokia. I am currently using the 3.1. This runs androidone which I like for its cleaness. The most important feature is 4g calling so that I have the best chance to make phone calls in buildings.

I would happily switch to a candy bar 'phone the minute that a 4g calling version is released. That means of course that I cannot be full Zevvle until MVNOs are granted 4g calling on the full range of frequencies available :frowning_face:

1 Like

The OnePlus 6. Headphone jack, distinct fingerprint sensor, one of the better OnePlus phones. Iā€™ve been with them since the 2.

2 Likes

A Samsung A20e,I think the best way I can describe it is that ā€œitā€™s OKā€¦ā€

I think Iā€™d say that itā€™s by far the blandest phone Iā€™ve ever owned, zero wow factor and no real nice quirks to it. However it works and does what I need so I donā€™t mind.

2 Likes

iPhone 7 here, which is in need of an upgrade.:man_facepalming:

It does everything I need from a phone. :iphone:

I used to work for a telecoms network many moons ago so I really find it hard to get excited about new phones.

1 Like

Which network was it? :nerd_face:

Itā€™s weird, the only 2 phones Iā€™ve been excited about recently are the Nokia 3310 4G and the Light Phoneā€¦

1 Like

Vodafone :woozy_face: To be fair to them their coverage is very good.

Now that Light Phone looks pretty cool, talk about going cold turkey. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d cope without emails.

1 Like

Ditto, more of a pipe dream for me at this pointā€¦

1 Like