What's your favourite phone? 🤔

So I’ll start, my favourite phone is the Samsung Galaxy S9. The main reasons I like this phone is because it supports 6CA LTE and LTE Band 32 (1400MHz). I’ve also noticed the battery is quite good on it. As for my 2nd favourite phone, it would be the iPhone 7. The battery isn’t great but at least it supports 3CA LTE.

Sorry if this isn’t related, it’s just the zevvle community was looking a bit unactive :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I currently use the iPhone SE and it’s great! Although I’ve been eyeing up a Nokia 3310
for a while now…

2 Likes

I’m looking at getting one aswell lol
Have you (zevvle) got any plans to sell phones? :blush:

1 Like

No plans per se, but we’ve thought about it… :thinking:

1 Like

It would definitely be a nice thing if zevvle did! :smile:

1 Like

Me using a phone for calls and texts, whatever next.

I’m currently on a Huawei Mate 20 Lite. It’s a lovely phone with reasonable amount of storage, nice camera (though slightly annoying with sometime image files being too large and having to resize them before uploading them to some sites), reasonably fast, NFC for loading tickets on to my ITSO smart cards, Google Pay has been working mostly reliably, still seem to be getting Android security updates about quarterly.

About the only reasons I’ve come up with to potentially upgrade at some point, would be for 5G, once it’s available, for a different brand that’s not got the potential issues, and when Android security updates cease to be provided.

1 Like

There was something in the news I believe saying that Huawei can only have 35% infrastructure for 5G. I’m surprised there still getting security updates!

I got one thinking I could wean myself off a smartphone… I missed it too much and it didn’t last.

Good as a backup phone though and battery life is amazing.

2 Likes

Bang-for-buck I’m finding xiaomi mi 9 lite is great. 128Gb, 4000mA/hr battery, oled screen, just over £200. edit, plus dual SIM - that’s important for me.

2 Likes

I bought an 8110 for a bit of retro fun but then traded it for an iPhone SE. Seems more useful now it has WhatsApp on it (it didn’t when I had it).

Feel like I shouldn’t have got rid of it now because they seem harder to get hold of now.

Currently rocking an iPhone XS Max which I mainly got for the eSIM functionality so I didn’t have to carry two phones around (work and personal). However my favourite was probably the iPhone X as the XS Max is slightly too big for one handed operation.

1 Like

I was reviewing my whole media/comms/entertainment thing recently with a mind to retirement in 2 years. Initially I thought that I could ditch the smart phone and sport a 3310 or even just revert to a land line. Now I am thinking of dumping cable broad band and streaming etc. Reverting to a TV licence and Freeview / Blu ray player and do all my Internet activities on a smart phone using apps. I currently use the Nokia 3.1. I like the cleaness of androidone. The Nokia doesn’t have enough memory for what I have in mind so an upgrade to another Nokia will be necessary.

1 Like

Even so there are the issues with them having access to the full Android and Google apps for new devices, existing devices are still getting security updates etc. The issue is more around the Google apps, than the open source Android part from my understanding.

1 Like

Unsure how much money there is in selling handsets to a saturated market? Probably best that a young business looking to disrupt concentrates first on their core purpose.

The margins on handsets are razor thin from what I hear…

3 Likes

There’s also support and logistics overhead and a huge liability in case of fraudulent transactions.

1 Like

And no overlap with the business of running a mobile network. Apart from maybe a thematic link. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

So I loved my Moto Razr back in the day. Now I am in Apple’s walled garden and have an iPhone 11 Pro. As much as I want to leave everything just works so well together. When I upgrade I am v tempted by the 12 mini as phones have gotten far too big IMO

1 Like

This :point_up:! I got the 2nd gen SE earlier this year, but the 12 mini is even smaller and does look good…

1 Like