Zevvle for the web 2.0

Indeed… it’s the only open and cross-platform solution I know of, and I want everything to work for non-iOS or Android users as well (even if it’ll only be me :sweat_smile:).

3 Likes

I know I’ve been taking a break from shenanigans recently but be assured I will make full use of all of this :grin:

1 Like

Any chance we could tack in some place when yoyr allowances refresh? Perhaps on the homepage where it shows a progressbar of usage? This is useful for planning.

1 Like

Absolutely — I’ve added it to the allowances page that you can access from the homepage (time left at the top, with the specific time in the subtext below). I tried playing around with it on the home but I couldn’t get it to fit…

1 Like

Is midnight the start or the end of the day?

1 Like

And does GMT imply that daylight savings time isn’t observed? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s the end of the day — was that your first intuition? It did cross my mind that it might not be clear…

It does :sweat_smile: At least for the time being… need to update the cronjob.

1 Like

The fact it causes to much confusion is why you won’t get a train depart at exactly 00:00, instead a minute before or after. Also timetables such as GTFS have the hour go beyond 24 to keep things clear.

1 Like

It’s a good point! Have put a to-do to shift it forwards slightly :slight_smile:

1 Like

yea, my understanding is that GMT (UTC is the modern term ;)) implies that daylight savings are not observed.

Also, on usage of “midnight”, typically, when something ends at midnight, to me it means “23:59:59”. When it starts at midnight, it means “00:00:00”.

1 Like

That’s actually how I approach it as well (and how it works in the codes).

Clearly I made this unclear :sweat_smile: I’ll update the time to respect DST and change it to the morning of the next day.

Could do it Animal Crossing style, 6am!

1 Like

LET’S DO THAT!

1 Like

Important question: can we see the IoT Piano?

2 Likes

@nick I think that there might be something wrong in the usage accounting. I dunno if you’ve done the switch to allowance reset date as was discussed earlier in this thread, but I find that my allowances have not been reset, but my allowance reset date has changed – so I have last months usage, which is pushing close to the limit, but the reset which was supposed to happen has now been extended by 30 days.

Edit: probably should have raised a support request but I can’t find that chat feature in the PWA.

Looking into this, and I’ll send you a message on here shortly!

The question mark in the top right :slight_smile:

1 Like

Instant bug report :slight_smile: : once you click the question mark in the PWA, there is no way to go “back” because it’s not a browser window, and there is no back button :). Swiping left doesn’t work. IOS, saved the page to my home screen.

You have to use the task manager and swipe up, and then re-launch the app.

1 Like

It’s a little finicky (quite a lot actually), but there’s a “close” bar at the very top to exit that window. I’ll see if there’s anything else we can do to make that more obvious.

Heh, I am guessing you don’t use an iphone with a notch :slight_smile: ?

I only saw the close button after I took a screenshot, so there is no way for iphone X and later users to close the dialog, as far as I can tell.

:eyes: thank you for pointing that out! Definitely a bug there. I’ll send that to HelpScout, the people who make it :slight_smile:

3 Likes