Account topped up but no money has left my bank account?

This isn’t the first time I’ve seen this.

It’s just gone up by £5 today. You’ve already checked previously that you have the correct card details for me.

Hi @Colin

Thank you for sharing this, I will look into this for you right away and DM you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Sibel

1 Like

Thanks for the update yesterday, I’ll let you know what happens next time.

1 Like

Well my balance is £2.13 so should be able to test this soon.

1 Like

Thanks for the update @Colin

Looks like that didn’t work as sometime between yesterday and today my balance dipped below £5 and was topped up.

Without posting a bank statement to prove that no money has left my account I guess you need to provide me with a statement to try and clear up what is happening. We’ve already established that you only have one bank account listed for me now. So where has the money come from this time?

Pretty sure this happened to me a while ago too.

Did you ever find out what was causing it?

My main worry is that I’ll be hit with a bill when they find out that the money has been coming from somewhere else.

Hi @Colin

Thank you for the feedback, I will pass this information on to the relevant department, please be rest assured your bill will not be affected by this error.

Kind Regards,

Sibel

1 Like

Still not resolved. Account has been topped up automatically again but I can’t see that any money has left my Monzo account.

Hi Colin,

The team looking into this are working with Stripe to try and find a fix for why this keeps occuring, please bare with us whilst we try and get to the bottom of it. Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing.

1 Like

And again.

Meanwhile (and I thought I’d put it here rather than start a new thread - hope that’s OK!)… A while ago Zevvle kindly put £10 onto my account balance to say sorry for some problems (thanks!), but, and here’s a silly question: how can I actually make use of that? The thing is, I just pay £14 a month automatically anyway, and this covers everything I need, i.e. my calls etc. plus data allowance, so unless I by mistake make a call to a non-included number I’m not sure when I’d ever use any of the balance.

Might it be possible to have the balance (which seems to be now £9.70 but we won’t fall out over that… :wink:) relatively easily taken off a month’s normal payment, perhaps, without messing up the simple automatic payment ‘rhythm’?

Well, I did say it was a silly question… and not an urgent one of course!

But thanks!

Mick

1 Like

Hi Colin,

Our team are in talks with Stripe in regards to finding a solution, I know this is seeming to be a kong process but we hopefully will have a solution to this soon.

Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Hi @749121

Thanks for getting in touch, I will send you a direct message now on how we can help with your query.

And another one today? Maybe I should just keep quiet and accept free phone calls :joy::joy:

3 Likes

And again.

Think there’s been another one?

Hope this wasn’t the reason for Zevvle to close! Never did get resolved so I’ve been getting ‘free’ top ups since I first reported it.

Zevvle didn’t seem to know about it when I first reported it so I’m wondering how many others might have had this and not told them? Guess I’ll never know now.

Ended up going with Honest Mobile as my next choice.

Sorry to see it end like this. Going to miss you.

1 Like

It’s not an issue that I’ve had.