Important message about Zevvle

These touches made zevvle so personal and lovely to be a customer of; I wish for a similar network to arrise someday with APIs, balance sharing, reliably usable account management page, personal touches etc…

I’m going to miss having a hand-drawn SIM card in my phone, the amount of fun personality Zevvle has is sadly unmatched :frowning:

5 Likes

Smarty seems to have some nice out of bundle options which would have been handy when I moved house and was waiting for the internet to be installed.

I might even get 5G where I live too if their coverage checker is accurate, so I might give them a try, as could work out cheaper.

The are now loads of travel eSIMs, so that’s likely the route to go should I ever manage to travel to places like the Isle of Man.

The group plans also interesting for when the kids eventually get phones. Trying to hold off for as long as possible.

2 Likes

Hi again @Luk I have received confirmation that you can port to a new network up until the end of December but (sorry I know I’m being repetitive) the last day where you will get service on your Zevvle sim will be next Tuesday 12th December. Thanks

1 Like

Really sad to hear the news :pensive:

Was happy to be a Zevvler for the time I was :partying_face: :cry:

2 Likes

Going with Honest Mobile, they didn’t know about Zevvle closing but they are setting this up:

5 Likes

1 Like

Can you also send emails, I only found out after I happened to check the forum, all my sims are in devices.

Thanks @Kolok yes we will be sending out emails as well. We are organising this as quickly as possible.

Jack here from Honest Mobile (https://honestmobile.co.uk/)

Sorry to hear about Zevvle. We think your mission is great and it’s clear from this forum how much Zevvle is loved.

Following James’ shout-out (thanks for that!), we wanted to offer all Zevvle users 50% off their first 3 months with the code ZEVVLEMEETHONEST. We’re on a similar journey to championing positive change in the industry and would love for you to join us.

Any questions about Honest, just let me know. I’m happy to help.

7 Likes

For anyone that is abroad and unable to get number ported due to lack of UK SIM, Andrews & Arnold is able to port mobile numbers in. You can get your PAC from support, port your number there, then when back in the UK you can port it out again from A&A.

3 Likes

Hei Jack,

I spoke with George via Honest support and found them to be lovely to talk with which gives me good signs that Honest will have similar levels of support!

I did work out with George that Honest doesn’t yet accommodate my needs well currently (2-3 of my 4 Sims use <250MB/month) and I hope that lower cost mini plan (perhaps £4-£6 range) could be offered?

Data sharing between Sims (with a monthly SIM cost) would be perfection and why I love/d being on Zevvle!

Alternatively, some form of discount applied to the next bill if data, calls or texts go completely unused would also be very welcome if small plans aren’t possible.

Ideally I just want to pay ‘sim/line rental’ + allowance for my devices since I use so little but don’t want to be a burden / loss maker - with £4/month balance added I’ve accumulated £30 in my Zevvle account (including the phone that uses more data)!

Also a forum with occasional updates about projects (environmental endeavours, app updates, plan updates etc…) would be great too :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I’ve also gone with Honest Mobile. Having the eSIM means I can have it setup straight away without waiting for the post (I’m wondering how many eSIMs my Fairphone can support should I need travel SIMs). The large roaming allowance and including the Isle of Man were also factors even if I’m only likely to use a couple of times a year.

Being able to flex up and down straight away and not needing to wait for month end was a strong factor in going to Honest for me along with the discount for staying with them.

I’m getting 5G at home, which I couldn’t get with Zevvle/EE. Hopefully the 3 coverage is better than it used to be when I was on 3 years ago. My initial speed test showed the download to be excellent, though upload was on the low side of what I’d like to see causing latency.

2 Likes

Also switched to Honest. I’ll miss £15/month (total) for me and my other half but the 3 month half price offer is really generous from Honest :heart: They were able to get that applied for me after I signed up without it :tada:

Also went for an eSIM – my number’s moving over tomorrow. Had some teething issues (I got double-charged and still couldn’t activate my eSIM) but support were RAPID in refunding the dupe charge, applying the offer and fixing my activation. We shall see how it goes once my number swaps over and I start using their network full-time.

Out of interest, does anyone know what’ll happen to credit left in Zevvle? (I don’t want to bog down support if the answer it ‘it’ll automatically be refunded’) :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Also worth mentioning for anyone currently abroad that if you can get a local sim to keep you going Swytch are a good option https://www.swytch.com/ until you get back

Anyone have suggestions for multiple sims on one login, even without shared data.

So far
1p mobile ( can’t cap overages on data etc)
Smarty ( coverage is meh)

I’m looking for low data 1-2gb per SIM plus PAYG on mins and SMS ideally, most bundle in minutes so it starts adding up.

Honest seem to have this, I ordered 2 Sims in checkout today

1 Like

Smallest plan is 13.50, I need 6 sims with 1 or 2gb each so it’s prohibitive, I also don’t need consumer features like WiFi calling and eSim, just data bundles with mins and texts on PAYG.

1p is probably best so far but the API is only for 20+ sims so I control spend properly.

I’ll miss zevvle :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeahhh, I feel the same; my monthly bill is going to go from £10 to £50+ using honest; wish Zevvle raised prices now as I feel it’d still be cheaper for me :frowning:

2 Likes

Argh, would love to have gone with Honest like so many other Zevvelers. But with the few SIMs I have and my currently limited budget I’m unable to even consider joining up. Keep up the good work though, @jackhonest (and team) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Makes me wonder all the devious things other networks have to do to stay competitive and cheap. Even when I was with giffgaff I used to question how exactly they could charge so little as well as maintaining some insanely cringeworth advertising campaigns.

Hoping SMARTY goes well for me though. At least since it runs on Three if Honest ever does become viable for me there won’t be any surprises when it comes to coverage and speeds.

2 Likes

I did think about that since I have some left, but thought about just blowing it on an app (or two?) on Google Play since you can use your credit (think you can do this on iOS App Store too?).

2 Likes