It's here!

It came!! Iā€™m so excited to try it out when I get the time (in about 2 hours!)

The hand drawn SIM logo feels really sweet!

Now to get a pac code for my number!

(P.s. the note was really sweet too, itā€™s been my pleasure being a part of the pre-release community :slight_smile:)

5 Likes

Activating was painless and really simple, Iā€™m very impressed!

One little bug? I noticed is I get ā€œZevvle user #ā€ without a number at the top of my account page but maybe Iā€™m being impatient waiting for it to give me a number?

2 Likes

@Rosie I noticed that # too - it populated after about an hour.

3 Likes

Ah, good to know!

Another thing is I currently have no internet access on it; does it need a different APN or is it just waiting for it to activate properly?

1 Like

Hi Rosie, are you using an iPhone? Mine just worked.

When playing around in a few random devices I have lying around (as you do), I did sometimes have to set the APN, mainly on devices pre-4G that still think itā€™s a ā€˜T-Mobile SIMā€™. The generic ā€˜everywhereā€™ APN seemed to work for me. Havenā€™t actually tried it in an Android device yet but some weird and wonderful other devices!

Iā€™m sure @nick will us know if we should be using a different one.

Could be that things arenā€™t quite activated yet.

Hmm, your number is set ā€“ if you hard close & open the app again it should update. Iā€™m pushing an update today and will make that happen automatically.

Itā€™s known to take a few moments (I had to reset network settings before it updated) ā€“ do check the APN though, it should be ā€˜everywhereā€™ if it hasnā€™t set automatically (let me know if not). Also, weā€™re having some trouble with the network name appearing (ā€˜Zevvleā€™ instead of ā€˜EEā€™) ā€“ EE are on the case and Iā€™ll keep you posted.

1 Like

Mine says EE too!

I was getting these speeds on data

But after giving it an hour Iā€™m now getting this :open_mouth:

These speeds are amazing ā€¦ Itā€™s faster download than my home fibre connection :open_mouth:
On smarty I get only about 8 down 1 up!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s EEā€™s network for you - thatā€™s why it normally costs more

3 Likes

That upload is a bit concerning. Canā€™t wait to get mine working and do some tests here too.

Edit: on Fast.com I am getting 20/20Mbps on 2 bars of 4G - thatā€™s good enough for me!

Iā€™m getting pretty good speeds, in fact the upload is better on Zevvle than by ā€˜nativeā€™ 4GEE Max plan:

Zevvle

4GEE Max

3 Likes

Also received mine Tuesday! Took a good 10-15 minutes before I got a proper signal but after that everything was :ok_hand:

A slightly weird thing I noticed was (my main sim is direct EE) on my main EE SIM my status bar shows 4G, but when staying in exactly the same location + switching to Zevvle my bar is ā€œHā€.

Would this just be because this was shortly after activation? :slight_smile:

Loving the very precise SMS + Data graphs/logs in the app.

Odd, I was finding I got 4G with both my Plusnet and Zevvle sims in the same phone.

Maybe you are in an area which doesnā€™t have one of the frequencies that EE have which isnā€™t available to MVNOs, or not enough time yet?

1 Like

I have my (currently) ā€˜mainā€™ SIM on ā€˜nativeā€™ EE in my iPhone X (contract ends in December) and the Zevvle SIM with my old number that I donā€™t actively use but still keep around (had it since I was 18) in my iPhone SE and both get the same signal and ā€˜generationā€™ of Data.

Only thing Iā€™ve noticed is lack of VoLTE but my EE SIM also isnā€™t doing it properly at the moment either. Sheffield is in the next wave of 5G so theyā€™ve been fannying about on the masts for weeks so service has been spotty in general.

Could it be that EE was doing the same thing as AT&T in the US with their ā€œ5GEā€ and was using carrier profiles to tell the phone to display HSDPA (3G+) as 4G, something thatā€™s not active on the Zevvle SIM. You could maybe do some speed tests and check whether the ā€œ4Gā€ is faster than HSDPA. Thatā€™ll tell you if itā€™s real 4G or just rebranded HSDPA.

EE definitely donā€™t do that - itā€™s always been that 4G is 4G and LTE-A is 4G+

I have just inserted my second sim into a GPS tracker. I can communicate with it and it with me via SMS. However the trackerā€™s website cannot see the tracker. The user manual suggests a possible problem with the APN.

So, how do I determine the APN?

The APN is: everywhere

This might be a good one for the FAQs @nick

3 Likes

Blooming marvellous - the tracker has now shown itself to the internet. Thanks

2 Likes

Reminds me. I have one I need to set up.

Which Tracker are you using?