May update

An early adopter badge would be nice :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Also first dibs when a crowdfunding round happens. :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t think crowdfunding will attract too much, to be honest.

Less than 200 active customers

Business in its infancy, not directly connected to any network. (Using a provider that’s connected to EE)

No value for power users (in fact a cap of 25GB/SIM)

No international roaming

Only really has a small market of PAYG that are using barely any data and want something extremely transparent

In comparison, Three is offering £9 a month for 8GB of data (so it works out cheaper if you’re using 5GB a month on average) and they let you roam with that from EEA to Hong Kong.

I think Zevvle is a really cool idea in transparency but it really needs to move fast to be investable in when it comes to bigger money.

Just curious @nick have you had any interest from institutional investors or any large amount of interest from businesses? Have you got anyone lined up to join in the near future?

What kind of cash turnover is Zevvle expecting in the next 12 months and what is gross profit.

I’m sure you’ll provide this all in the crowdfunding campaign though!

2 Likes

Yet, one day… Who knows… So far it’s VERY early days.

1 Like

A few hours counts as delay these days?!

This was roughly what I expected.

And it’s a great metric for measuring just how early!

3 Likes

There’s a bit to unpack here…

Every business with 1 million customers used to have less than 200 customers. What’s more important is growth rate, and we’ve averaged 12% compounded weekly growth since launch.

Why is this a problem? A good analogy is all the fintech banks using a 3rd party to start with (e.g. Wirecard Solutions) before doing it themselves. Zevvle probably wouldn’t exist otherwise… we were able to launch with < 1% of what Giffgaff spent.

I think this is a non-issue in the grand scheme; most people don’t travel abroad, and < 5% of those that do travel go beyond the EU. However, I don’t know how that represents our market.

The UK average is ~3 GB/month, and I think we cater for that pretty well.

We’ve turned a few VC’s down as their minimum check size was £1m, and yes re. interest from businesses. :slight_smile:

I’m glad you disagree :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Very impressive growth - what’s the expected user count by Jan 1st 2020?

UX. Waiting 30 seconds for your app to load isn’t a good one, imo. It isn’t explained in the app and I’d be thinking (and I actually did) that I needed to ask what’s up with it.

On top of that a lack of direct connection to your providing network means you’re at the mercy of your connection partner, as opposed to negotiating with EE as a direct partner and having access to anything they’re willing to give out.

I would be more interested in how it affects businesses onboarding to Zevvle, rather than for private persons.

If a business is going abroad a lot to talk with partners or the business is using SIMs in their products (especially with Zevvle wanting to get into IoT as you’ve mentioned before, I believe) then Zevvle is going to need to think about working outside the EEA.

Then again I suppose this comes under Twilio’s range rather than yours at this stage

3GB a month is really the average, woah

(That’s actually quite surprising to me)

I agree, Zevvle is pretty affordable at that price.

How much turnover would you be making on an average customer? (3GB/month) How much would that cost you to make?

Would you be able to give any insight into how many businesses and their rough sizes? Are we talking a small business or a larger company?

Sorry to poke too much into the beast, but if you’re crowdfunding soon I want to have a peek (understandably)

Thanks

Would you also be able to tell me about average user retention (how many of your overall new users use Zevvle actively say 3 monhts down the line) as well as your definition of an active user?

2 Likes

Seconded

Random text so the post is more then 10 characters.

We’re aiming for 10% growth/week at the moment, so ~340 by 2020.

That’s my fault, nothing to do with our supplier! It’s one of the downsides of the software we use (React Native); the splash screen takes a little longer…

It’s a little like asking a marathon runner at mile 1, “Why haven’t you finished yet?” We’ll get there, but we’re 3 months in and this takes time & money. Where we are now =/= where we’ll be in a few years. If in 2024 we’re doing exactly the same thing as we are now, then I’d be worried.

You know our pricing :wink: Also our costs haven’t stabilised as we’re still experimenting on our side.

Varying, but to be honest this isn’t our focus for now. It’s a side project and we’re not really talking about it yet…

It’s ~98% since launch at the moment, but not everyone’s fully active (we haven’t yet settled on that definition).

We’ll do something :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I mean when you turn SMS off or similar - you said this was due to not having a direct connection to EE

Thanks for your insight into everything though :wink:

1 Like

Really interesting stats. Thanks for sharing.

The business sounds very healthy.

Very glad you’re not underselling yourselves to VC… Hang on in there and do it on your own terms.

5 Likes

Ah I should have communicated that clearer – the delay with changing a SIM setting is down to EE, our supplier is the “API middle-person,” so adds < 1 second latency. :slight_smile:

We’ll do a 100-day update near the 8th of September full of stats, and we’re approaching the 100th order so hopefully that’ll coincide…!

7 Likes

In the diary!

1 Like

How near? :wink:

:weary: I was travelling yesterday and didn’t manage to finish it; tomorrow! It’ll be a 103-day update instead…

5 Likes