National & international voice outage — June 17th, 2020 (resolved)

Hi all,

There’s an incident affecting national & international calls for all MVNOs on our network, and possibly SMS and data while roaming in certain countries. We don’t yet know the cause; BT and our supplier Transatel are working to resolve it.

Data and SMS in the UK are not affected.

We’ll keep you posted with further updates,

Nick

2 Likes

This has been fixed as of 9:50 BST; I’ll come back later with a breakdown of what happened when we know more. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay that is an excellent company name for a supplier. :joy:

2 Likes

Hello, we have a few more details on what happened and when:

The incident officially started at 04:52 and ended at 09:56 BST on June 17th. 1 of 4 voice signalling components started flooding with errors; disconnecting, restarting & reconnecting it didn’t work, but everything went back to normal when the remaining 3 components were restarted as well.

They’re still looking for the root cause and why the first component affected the other 3. The emails we get contain a table of information, so we’ll set it up to automatically update the app with that info and a status page as well (we don’t have a timeline for this yet).

4 Likes

I’d heard tale of problems that couldn’t be solved in this manner. :anguished: Didn’t think I’d live to see it myself.

2 Likes