Pricing 4.0

I’m a very low usage user.

In this scenario, I’ll just build up a lot of credit. What happens then?

Just sent you a message :slight_smile:

This is excellent news! I’ve been meaning to switch to Zevvle already, and now I’m even more excited. :smiley: (Have a lot going on at the moment, which has delayed my switch.)

It also equates to £5/month – I’m not sure there’s anywhere else you can get such a low rate. Even giffgaff now charge £6 for their least expensive bundle.

4 Likes

I’m not sure about the 15£ per 3 months requirement. Not only is it confusing & bad user experience, but also, how does that play with the “your credit doesn’t expire”? Either they accumulate tons of credit without using it and then ask for a refund, in which case you aren’t any better off in terms of profitability as you gave them their money back (+ payment processing fees), or you have to somehow “expire” their credit in order to profit but that’s a scummy thing to do.

Why not use volume discounts? The first 1GB is at a higher price to make up for low usage, but after that the price decreases to make it attractive for high-volume users. This would solve the issue of low-usage accounts not being profitable while remaining a straightforward “pay for what you use”.

10 Likes

Agree, I was anticipating some form of tier based on monthly usage to cater for both low and high usage.

1 Like

We were going to do it as £5/month instead, but wanted a bit of flexibility in case someone tops up £15 in month 1; we didn’t want to force top-ups every month.

Above the £15/3 months, we’ll refund as normal if you need. Below that, you’ll need to close the account for the refund.

In the case of tiers like “0-1 GB = £5, 2-5 = £3” or something, that felt more confusing than the above, and we’d have to do it per-SIM.

As for something like a fixed per-GB rate based on usage, we’re not ruling it out just yet. This tends towards a bundle though, so I’m not entirely sure how we’d do it. Will keep an eye on things and see what happens. Again, we’re trying to keep it as simple as possible!

Thank you for the feedback. :slight_smile:

As I’ve mentioned in a few private messages, and I’ll mention here – if you joined us before August 8th and the £15 over 3 months is an issue, we’ll happily add an exception for your account. Just send me a message. :blush:

6 Likes

For pretty much all bundles or pay monthly tariffs I’ve seen there’s a minimum cost of £5 or £6 per month.

If you have lower usage, then you pay a higher amount per MB/min/sec without the bundles.

I like the flexibility of not needing to use an exact minimum amount per month, and being able to average it over a longer period. I find it unlikely that I’ll personally be affected, though can see low users being affected.

I like to see this sort of thing when companies grandfather in aspects of old plans to keep their customers.

I suppose the £5 per month fee as originally done was just too much for nothing else included, however as a minimum usage level seems much more reasonable. As you get more customers, you can probably average out the cost and lower the minimum usage requirement per sim if there’s enough mid-high usage people.

4 Likes

Sorry if this has been explained somewhere and I’ve missed it but:

Is the £15 per 3 months per SIM or per account?

1 Like

It’s per account. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Isn’t that horrible user experience? Why not just make them pay more for their lower usage (first GB being more expensive) instead of kicking them out or making them keep a growing balance they won’t actually use (can’t wait for the thread “what’s your highest Zevvle balance so far?”)…

I don’t see how it’s more confusing - it seems more straightforward than this relatively hidden 15£/3 months minimum. The app could just charge you more for data and if you click on the feed entry it’ll say “First GB on this SIM has been charged at a higher rate”.

On your pricing page, you can just copy Twilio’s example:

I think they’ve done an excellent job at making volume discounts easy to understand. Better than a 15£/3 months minimum deposit which raises tons of questions (as the above posts confirm).

1 Like

I’m a low user usually so I’d prefer if the minimum top-up was more automatic. I don’t want to risk getting disconnected or losing my number.

4 Likes

I have supported Zevvle way before it launched but as a low user, this is not compatible with my needs anymore I’m afraid!

On one hand, you said “you heard us” when we clearly said we didn’t like the admin charge, but you put it back by the back door by transforming it in minimum top-up.

Small or not, what I think customers want is FREEDOM! No contracts, no credit expiry and use our minutes/text/data the way we want. I totally understand that you need to make money, but maybe you would get more customers if we had true freedom, which would make it up for the fact that some of us may not top-up every month.

Plus, there is no point in going with Zevvle if we want to use voice/messages only, this is VERY data oriented.

Too bad. I’ll use my remaining credit and go back to 3 (where my PAYG credit does not expire and I’m not forced to pay for top-up that I don’t need).

Hi Ryan! Thank you for joining the forum :slight_smile: you can set automatic top-ups, and we’ll notify you several times before anything like that happens.

2 Likes

To quote myself from above:

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

One way to look at this would be that if you agreed to the £5 subscription in the beginning, you’re now getting 2.5 GB of data for free (or calls or messages). In hindsight we should have gone straight to this, but there’s not much we can do now.

5 Likes

I have to disagree, I think tiered pricing is much worse from a user experience perspective (at least for this user). Twilio has set things out clearly, but it still makes my mind hurt, and trying to understand how it’s going to impact my usage seems impossible. A simple £15/3 months is much easier to comprehend/use for me.

Exactly this! This is actually perfect for me. My usage is likely to be around £5/month, but some months it’s more and some months it’s less. Trying to guess by switching bundles each month often catches me out, and in any case my periods of higher/lower usage don’t always fall on the month boundaries.

I am so excited about this new pricing model, I think it’s amazing, and a real bargain.

8 Likes

We’re getting there @nick :slight_smile:

As you told me - I like the pricing change. A lot more affordable now as I rarely use above 8GB a month and I don’t really make calls or texts :wink: (only receive, which to my knowledge are free?)

Now all I’m waiting for is eSIM (incl Apple Watch) and my contract to expire and I’ll be a Zevvler :wink:

Edit: forgot to include that global roaming :cold_sweat:

1 Like

They are free within Europe. Outside Europe there can be a charge to receive calls.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:

I think the £5 minimum spend is completely acceptable, but agree it could be comminucated far better.

Simply stating “£5 minimum top-up per month (or £15 per 3 months), any unused credit will roll-over” makes sense to me, and if anything would be a plus for most low data users.

Lets say I am usually using £7 worth of data a month, but I am topping up £10, this is then slowly building up a buffer that I can then use in the future, maybe I’m camping or traveling, I can spend without the upfront cost.

Still saving money in the long run and still able to get the extra cash back if I leave.

This to me is very similar to how energy is paid for, especially the pay upfront compaies like Bulb.

5 Likes

… I really like this new pricing and it’s much better value than the £5/month + £5/GB I signed up for!!

Keep up the good work guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes