Ready, set, go

Yep, definitely – I’ll have to do it manually, but if you send a message when we launch multi-SIMs that’ll be fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations! Can’t wait to get my sim card.

2 Likes

I’m so hyped for this (I am an Android user and my old iPhone is iOS 9 so can’t run the app so I’m just impatiently waiting haha!)

1 Like

How late is the post going out?

1 Like

When is “tomorrow” Saturday or Sunday - it was late/early when I got the email and I was sleepy? App is on iOS but not yet showing in Play Store.

1 Like

I’ve screwed up on collection times and wasn’t ready to send them in time (thought we had until 6), so later than planned to answer your question. This means they won’t be delivered until Tuesday, but gives an extra day to order them.

I’m sorry for saying Monday when it won’t be; I’ll write an update later to keep everyone in the loop.

Aiming for today (Saturday) – I’ll let you know when it’s live. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Easily done. A day later ain’t an issue.

Still not live any news of a time/date?

1 Like

No problem getting off the ground with two eco systems is a big learning curve and there are always a few difficulties along the route. Thanks for the update😶

2 Likes

Still working on it, I’ll let you know as soon as I can – been on it all day, sorry I can’t give you an exact time. :confused:

1 Like

Awwww :frowning: any chance of an APK release? (People who don’t use Google services / accounts would love that option, and so would I right now haha!)

2 Likes

Given the iOS app looks like a web app/Apache Cordova/PhoneGap app, any chance you can release it as a desktop/Electron app or even post the HTML/JS files as a stop-gap so non-iOS people can sign up?

1 Like

Yes absolutely! Our production apk is finally working* – I’ll upload it while Google Play processes.

I’ve never been happier for something to work… ended up rebuilding part of the signup flow, finding the bug and then reverting it… I’m sorry it’s taken all day/night – it won’t affect you getting a SIM, but I agree today’s been absurd.

It’s actually React Native and depends on native code, so not for a while… I worked with it a lot last year so felt comfortable going this route, but a PWA/single monolith would be great at some point. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Android is a go :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is annoying when you are almost there and there’s a ring bug preventing release.

I’ve installed and signed up. Very smooth except the open email link goes to the default mail app from the manufacturer of the phone rather than the one I installed and use. Other apps give the option of which mail app to use.

1 Like

My phone (Android One based Xiaomi Mi A1) asked me which app to open, but it did open the email composer rather than just the app!

1 Like

Completely agree same thing happened for me on an HTC One M8 on a Revolution Remix ROM. It’s not necessarily only Android though. I found the same thing happened on iOS 12 with Dozens. Defaults to Mail but I don’t have it installed on iOS (have an app provided by my email service).
As you say buttery smooth.

1 Like

Ahhh, thank you for letting me know. I’ll get that fixed for next time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

On the menu that popped up it did have that “set as default” button (which I’ve never used for email since I use Outlook and Gmail) so maybe that’s what’s causing the problem (The manufacturer one being set as default)?

Look what popped through my post box 10 minutes ago!

and now I’m going to spend 15 minutes going through my desk trying to find a sim card removal tool

4 Likes