Introduce yourself šŸ¤©

Slightly off topic here @nick, but do you have any plans to Beta test Zevvle, TestFlighting the app and network before prime time? Iā€™d be interested in getting involved with that if itā€™s something youā€™re planning!

3 Likes

This is too realā€¦

Not exactly; most of the app is useless without a live SIM, and we donā€™t have any to send out yetā€¦ weā€™ll release it beforehand anyway with a waiting list, but there wonā€™t be much to try beyond the basics (itā€™s downloadable, you can log in, etc.).

After launch, definitely! Itā€™d be great to beta test features, so thank you for asking. I imagine thereā€™ll be a few Quality of Life updates (I know thatā€™s mostly a gaming term, but it should definitely apply to mobile networks as wellā€¦) soon after going live, not to mention new developmentsā€¦ Iā€™ll keep you posted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Iā€™m Lawrence :wave: But most people call me Law :sunglasses:

Iā€™m a man of many hats. :tophat:

Currently maintain & support IT / Network within the business while also managing the e-commerce platforms, along with managing any projects & also giving on-going support for the completed projects.

My spare time is spent playing with cars :racing_car: checkout my Build diary @ www.tracktuned.uk (To which reminds me I need to do an update)

I found out about Zevvle over @ Monzo so will be eager to jump on board & take the journey with you all. :sailboat:

2 Likes

Hey! Welcome to the jamboree, and thank you for joining :smiley:

What business, if you donā€™t mind me asking?

Do you race as well? :checkered_flag:

1 Like

Thanks! :sunglasses:

I currently work for Infusions

Four aspects to the business;
Cafe / Restaurant :shallow_pan_of_food:
Cook School :man_teacher:
E-commerce :world_map:
Wholesale :truck:

I dabble in plenty of track days, I will at some point jump into racing but the cost :dollar: I just canā€™t justify at the moment. :sob:

2 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m Thomā€¦

Currently Iā€™m a Retail Concierge at a fairly large shopping center; although in my spare time I volunteer as a Radio Engineer/Producer with a arts based radio station in London.

I quite enjoy messing around with gadgets, gaming and trying out new tech products and services.

I also quite like a nice craft beer (see my Untappd)

Hope to see you all around. :smile:

4 Likes

Thank you for joining :blush:

Hello

Iā€™m Danny (yes that Danny) and I am here now :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Leave this place

(Iā€™m joking

(Or am I?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey, Iā€™m Rika!

I currently work at Monzo on card payment things, and most of you already know me from there. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Thank you for joining!! :grin:

2 Likes

Ah, the payments witch herself! Welcome to the community.

At this point Iā€™m convinced that thereā€™s at least one Monzo employee on every app I use :laughing: . I guess itā€™s probably just that Monzo has some sort of open social media policy though?

2 Likes

Or itā€™s the same reason weā€™re here - Monzo is a gateway drug to tech startups. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I think it was Monzo that started the ā€˜Discourse communityā€™ trend as well. At least, it was the first one I joined.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the Radical Transparency for you!

Youā€™re not wrong there. :joy:

4 Likes

Nice to see you here!

2 Likes

Good morning all,

Iā€™m not a knight, but sometimes a fish :fish:.

Iā€™m a self-proclaimed tech generalist, on the basis that Iā€™m tech support for friends & family over 50 and know how to use google.

Joined to community to learn more about tech, startup, telco and all the in-betweens.

Been lurking for a little bit itā€™s a nice bunch here.

-kf

4 Likes

Thanks for you joining :relaxed:

I think they named one after you:

Monocentridae_-_Cleidopus_gloriamaris

Iā€™m Alfie.

I currently ā€œworkā€ for AS207960 doing various ISP and Domain Registration shenanigans.

I also somehow have managed to twist @nickā€™s arm in to adding a ā€œBug Hunterā€ badge

2 Likes