Zevvle going forward

3 Likes

So very broad summary:

If you are currently paying for the £5 unlimited calls and texts: if you use exactly 1 or 3GB you’ll pay the same price. From 5GB usage and up, the new 10+GB bundles on the new plan work out cheaper. Below 5GB per month the current pricing PAYG appears to be cheaper.

If you are on PAYG calls and texts, it depends on how much calls and texts you use. Assuming none, the tipping point is 8GB for the new pricing to be cheaper. The tipping point will vary depening on your calls and texts spending, with the unlimited minutes being worthwhile if you on average spend more than £3 per month on call and texts on the current pricing.

Since joining Zevvle in June last year, I’ve twice spent more than £3 in the month on calls and texts, with a mean spend £1.77. Most calling and messaging is now via VoIP based systems, thus a bit more data, or wifi.

The new pricing works out much better for people who have much higher usage regularly.

It looks like the current PAYG pricing works out cheaper for me in most months with my current usage, especially at the moment with the lock down meaning much less travel (it’d be even lower if I had a better wifi signal in the garden). The new data bundles at the data-only SIM prices plus PAYG calls and texts look cheaper for my usage compared to the current full PAYG tariff, and does so for most (all??) usage levels above 0.6GB.
The pain of having been provided the PAYG option in the first place, makes taking it away harder!

The other question/tipping point to consider is the over bundle usage charging.

Luckily we’re being grandfathered in with the old pricing.

3 Likes

I’m a bit disappointed there’s no option for a small amount of monthly calls and texts. I average about 40 minutes a month on calls, and almost 0 texts

1 Like

Off topic here, but just noticed in the monthly stats that voice seems to include both incoming and outgoing calls. This is a bit confusing when you’re trying to look at how much time you spend on outgoing calls on average

1 Like

Will the per-SIM monthly charge still be there?

Not to say we won’t do that in the future, or lower pricing. It may be worth staying on the PAYG pricing for the time-being.

Thanks, it’s on our list to update after this :slight_smile:

Nope, that’s all included now. One of the things I like about bundles! Couldn’t think of a way around it before…

3 Likes

This pricing is very attractive for me.

Will there be any rebate/rollover for other for unused data? Given that as I understand it a key part of your original USP was not paying for what you don’t use…!

1 Like

Not on the base allowance I’m afraid, at least for the moment… the add-ons will be non-expiring (thanks to @smsm1 for the idea), and we’re going to update our rewards program shortly after as well with lifetime data perks… more on that soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:eyes: will those be retrospective - e.g. if I have already referred 5 people before they’re implemented I’ll be eligible for that tier?

3 Likes

Yep :slight_smile: I should mention that lifetime means as long as you’re both members.

4 Likes

Oh, that’s a nice way to keep people tied in to Zevvle.

2 Likes

Can I ask, what do you mean by lifetime data perks and what are they?:blush:

:wink:

3 Likes

Ooooooooh!

2 Likes

Cant wait :grin:

1 Like

Hi Nick,

I haven’t got my SIM yet - just switched from EE to Smarty (turns out not so smart and Three is rubbish in my area). So went looking for MVNO on EE and found you.

Whilst in :microbe: lockdown not using any mobile data, but normally use between 5 and 10GB a month. Practically zero calls and texts. So easy monthly switch is key - does this allow for international data. I occasional have to work in USA?

Happy to join a tech-first company, and look forward to the rest of your 2020 plans.

2 Likes

Hi Phil! Was about to send you an email :nerd_face:.

We’ll make sure it is!

I’m afraid not yet, but we can source a SIM when you go if that helps? It wouldn’t be from us though…

1 Like

Hallo all, short update on this!

Although I’ve learned not to put dates on things, I’ll sin and say we’re releasing this next Friday, May 1st, all things going well. Then…

What happens when your allowance runs out?

Originally we planned both add-ons that could be used once per month and out-of-bundle charges, but… why both? Also, making the add-ons only work once in a month seemed like unnecessary work.

So, there won’t be any out-of-bundle charges and instead 2 data add-ons; when one runs out you can get another. They will be 1GB and 3GB priced at the same data-only rate above (£5 and £8 respectively).

3xsvmf

A bigger allowance will always appear to be better-value, but these will remove the sting you typically see with ridiculous, £100/GB out-of-bundle charges.

The only caveat is a SIM can use up-to 60GB/month total, so add-ons won’t work for the 60GB plan.

All this info will be on our website & app when it goes live :slight_smile:

As for progress, things are shaping up nicely. Running our own billing system is paying dividends in flexibility like the above, and we’ve made it so one-off bundles/rewards are possible for things like competitions, events, free data if we screw up, etc. I’m excited about the possibilities there, as it doesn’t work as well with PAYG.

5 Likes

Will there be an option to auto buy the add-ons if you run out of data (or are about to run out of data)? I could see me having an auto buy of a 3GB or possibly even larger bundle when running out of data.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s the plan :slight_smile: SIMs will disconnect by default (“bill capping” as you might call it), but you can set that to an add-on instead.

4 Likes