I didn’t think I’d be writing this, but here goes…
What’s going on?!
Our supplier – a network enabler that have launched many MVNOs – have their own fixed-rate bundles, and the prices have come down a lot recently making them more competitive.
If we had to create them ourselves with averages over our customer base we wouldn’t do it, but as they’ve done it already… whether we offer them or not, they exist, and if you use more than 1-2 GBs of data we can save you money.
We’d offer 4 different ones – 3, 10 or 30 GB and then one for unlimited mobile/landline minutes & texts (provided you don’t start a call centre). For example, you could have a 10 GB bundle and PAYG voice/text, vice versa or both bundles together depending on what you use and how you want it setup.
It’d be super easy to switch, downgrade, upgrade, turn off, etc, and you’d still see the detailed usage history.
A few points worth mentioning:
- Our PAYG pricing won’t change.
- The bundles would be per SIM, not per account.
- They reset with calendar months, and you could switch to a bundle from PAYG at anytime, but only switch back to PAYG at the start of a new month.
- They include EU roaming and unlimited tethering (i.e. hotspot).
The iffiest thing is out-of-bundle charges (we’d have to charge 10p/MB, and that’s sketchy at best), which for 3 or 10 GBs we can avoid by upgrading you to the next plan, but for the 30 GB one we’d have to disconnect the SIM.
But the all-important question – what do you want:
- Yes, I want this!
- No, this is a terrible idea.
Let us know your thoughts below,